PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
Sir John's Flake Virginia in the maiden voyage of my new Altinok Meer. This is a bigger pipe which is fine. The bowl ID is perfect for Virginia Flake and is deeper which is good for extending the enjoyment time for my favorite first bowl of the day. Been looking at basket weave Meers for awhile, happy I found this one. Passes pipe cleaner effortlessly and well balanced. Plan to smoke this every day, we'll see how quickly it colors.

0DD7FC55-F18E-4B9F-AE17-ACFBA9EF829E.jpeg

monty55

Lifer
Apr 16, 2014
Bryan, Texas
So, I've smoke 4 bowls of a very, very special blend that was gifted to me by my SS, @LotusEater. Cornell & Diehl Small Batch "From Beyond". I've smoked them all out of the wonderful Mastro Geppetto that he also included in my Christmas gift. I've been so blown away by both, this blend, and the way the pipe smokes. Thanks again SS!

But today, thanks to @didimauw Meer thread, I decided to smoke a bowl of it from my Fikri Baki Meer. Because I want to try to do a better job of putting some color on it, and I wanted to know how this amazing blend tasted from a Meer.

I've come to the same conclusion, that this small batch of amazing pipe tobacco is on another level from any other English blend I have yet to smoke. It is simply the most well balanced and well-rounded smoke I have ever had the pleasure of smoking. I don't know how many different English blends I've tried over the years, but I do know this stands out like a diamond in the rough.

Amazingly, but not surprising, the blend has a bit of everything... from SPC: Made from Top-tier, 2017 Eastern NC Red Virginias and Bright Canadian flue-cured leaf of the same vintage combine with 2018 Turkish Izmir, 2019 Greek Basma, Dark Burley, Cypriot Latakia, and genuine St. James Perique.

Now who'd a thunk you could put all that together and create something that is truly unique in the world of English blends?

If your lucky enough to have a tin of this in your cellar, I don't know whether to tell you to smoke it, or put it in a safety deposit box! If your blessed enough to have more than one tin, and you haven't tried it yet, I'd definitely recommend popping that baby open, strap in and hand on... prepare for a trip to Never Never Land ... cause we'll never see this stuff again.

IMG_0228.jpg

IMG_0236[109].jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Not far from finishing this bowl of Sutliff Eccentric (Signature Series) in a medium bend fumed tan crackled year 2020 Ahmet Govem reverse calabash meerschaum with a military mount silver band and black acrylic stem. Working on a review of this blend. I got seven estate pipes today, and will photograph and post them in my pipe thread later on. Lunch follows this smoke.
Ahmet Govem reverse calabash meer.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.