PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

timt

Lifer
Jul 19, 2018
Thanks, timt. You made me grin.?

Have a smoke, and give it some thought, before making any rash decisions.?
Oh believe me, I've been smoking and thinking for awhile now. Anyway, my pipe racks contain several rash decisions, so that wouldn't be anything new.

Well, they’re giving back and extra 5% this month (whatever that means) on every pipe they accept. Been thinking similarly, but I have a couple handfuls of briar I just can part with. ?☕
There you go, it's a sign. I could see keeping my 2 Dunhills - one was a gift and the other is my birth year......see, already rationalizing and bargaining.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Relaxing after a wonderful salad, chicken legs and sugar snap peas dinner with strawberries for dessert. I'm about half way through this bowl of year 2013 Dunhill Flake in a straight smooth 1960 Dunhill DRA 137 group 4 root briar canted dublin with a tapered black vulcanite stem. Community Coffee neat, is my drink. Watching Pennies From Heaven starring Bing Crosby.
Dunhill_Birthyear-Left.jpg

JKoD

Part of the Furniture Now
May 9, 2021
IN
Going to down an IPA with a bowl of SantaDrive. Something fruity about these two…we’ll see if it works. ?‍♂️
Replying to my own post means only one thing. It actually works quite well together. I don’t think all IPA’s are going to - but, a hazy juicy IPA with the right hops… yes. Some grapefruity with some tropical essence - I wouldn’t normally drink beer with a pipe - but, this is a match. I’d recommend trying it if you have the parts to make the experiment whole.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Now smoking year 2012 Rolando’s Own in a smooth straight early ‘60s Lane era “William Conrad” Charatan Executive Extra Large stretch apple with diagonal channel cuts on the lower right and left of the bowl along with a black vulcanite double comfort saddle stem.
Conrad_apple-thumbnail copy.jpg

d4k23

Can't Leave
Mar 6, 2018
Texas
2019 Yorktown in a Stanwell Pick Axe gifted by a generous man who I worked with for a few months. The pipe is fantastic, and finally I’m starting to like Yorktown (fresh it was not my liking, but after some age it’s starting to shine!).

image.jpg

Fralphog

Lifer
Oct 28, 2021
Idaho
Replying to my own post means only one thing. It actually works quite well together. I don’t think all IPA’s are going to - but, a hazy juicy IPA with the right hops… yes. Some grapefruity with some tropical essence - I wouldn’t normally drink beer with a pipe - but, this is a match. I’d recommend trying it if you have the parts to make the experiment whole.
I enjoy a few beers with a pipe. Really like a Smoked Scottish Ale with Some Northwoods English or Balkan Supreme.

Status
Not open for further replies.