PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ag®o

Lifer
Nov 14, 2021
Italy
Close to finish the Mc Baren Classic Loose Cut. Smoking now some of the last, in my gigantic (may not seem in the photo, but it is) Schrauf pipe, made in Nuremberg, Germany. Using the annual tamper of the Greek Pipe Club for the year 2019, with member's name engraved.
We had a terrible snowstorm(!) yesterday in Athens. Apparently we are not used and -as proved- we were not prepared for such extreme conditions. Serious problems occured e.g. in transportations, power outages e.t.c. Many people suffered for hours. State has declared today and tomorrow as day off from work to minimize moving. Within a short time period, snow has accumulated in my veranda at a level of at least 30 cm (much of it is still there). Probably many of my plants will be destroyed (as happened in summer with the heatwave). If this is the case in the small world of my place, I can't stop thinking of much more important and worse things that happen at a greater scale. Climate change is here. And it's bad.
God bless (but actions at a global level are certainly required).
Be well good people.

View attachment 124160
View attachment 124161
View attachment 124162
Stay sheltered and well covered. In Italy too things have changed for some years, here in the north there is little snow, the bad weather has moved to the south, to the sea where it has been getting warmer.

Status
Not open for further replies.