PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Smoked a bowl of circa year 2000 Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style.

Woke up to the very sad news that the great Henry Aaron died. After Roberto Clemente, Henry Aaron was my all time favorite player. Excellent at every phase of the game, he exuded a special kind of class as a human being as well. Watching him break Babe Ruth's home run record was a great thrill for me. The circumstances were made very difficult for him for no good reasons, but Aaron endured and triumphed with quiet dignity and resourcefulness. He had two of my favorite nick names: "Bad Henry" and "The Hammer." More and better can be said about Aaron, but he was an inspiration and a role model to people like me. A great man who transcended baseball, and the lives of those he influenced. RIP, Henry Aaron.

Birddog66

Lifer
Nov 29, 2020
Newhaven England
From PC, Russ O.'s Log Cabin, a Va/burley/Cav blend in a well loved Peterson bent brandy B11 sitter. I think this is an unflavored blend but gives nice flavor from the leaf. I jokingly think this is what 1Q wants to be.

I have an old Log Cabin tin somewhere, it was WD Wills but I’ve seen it under Lambert & Butler too. I didn’t know it was still around. My tin said Virginia, Cav and negrohead tobacco (a very unfortunate name that I don’t feel comfortable with) although it might have been Burley instead of Va. Of course I have no idea if the blend is the same.

Birddog66

Lifer
Nov 29, 2020
Newhaven England
Smoked a bowl of circa year 2000 Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style.

Woke up to the very sad news that the great Henry Aaron died. After Roberto Clemente, Henry Aaron was my all time favorite player. Excellent at every phase of the game, he exuded a special kind of class as a human being as well. Watching him break Babe Ruth's home run record was a great thrill for me. The circumstances were made very difficult for him for no good reasons, but Aaron endured and triumphed with quiet dignity and resourcefulness. He had two of my favorite nick names: "Bad Henry" and "The Hammer." More and better can be said about Aaron, but he was an inspiration and a role model to people like me. A great man who transcended baseball, and the lives of those he influenced. RIP, Henry Aaron.

Well said Jim, the man was a legend. Even on this side of the pond.

Paul lec

Lifer
May 28, 2020
Smoking some Gold Block in a no name bent egg pipe. Have to agree with Jim about Hank Aaron, I remember as a young boy in the early 60’s, my Dad took me and a friend to a Pittsburgh Pirates game against the then Milwaukee Braves and I got both Hank Aaron and Joe Torre’s autograph, long lost but I can still remember them seeming larger than life? Roberto was also playing then!

Scottishgaucho

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 22, 2020
Buenos Aires Province.
Some Argento Natural in the Charatan 610.

WP-20200615-010.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.