PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

weezell

Preferred Member
Oct 12, 2011

Gawith Hoggarth & Co.: Coniston Cut Plug in a Meer...​

jiminks

Preferred Member
Aug 31, 2012
I'm now smoking Sept. 2015 Savinelli Doblone d’Oro in a smooth straight early ‘60s Lane era “William Conrad” Charatan Executive Extra Large stretch apple with diagonal channel cuts on the lower right and left of the bowl along with a black vulcanite double comfort saddle stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Conrad_apple-thumbnail copy.jpg

telescopes

Preferred Member
I finished the bottom caking work on my Sherlock Holmes Peterson and now doing the same on a Peterson Limerick that I bought from the last opened, but now closed, pipe shop that was left in Limerick. I am smoking an English Blend that I purchased from Palm Desert Tobacco.
To my horror, I’ve discovered I can never finish the caking work on that 305 as the air hole is just too high. I fear the prep work by me necessary to make this pipe smoke sweet will never see a completion.

condorlover1

Preferred Member
Dec 22, 2013
New York
Just had a wonderful vegetable curry, bottle of red and I am now enjoying a large glass or three of port and an Expresso whilst I finally cut up the last of this RB Plug. It had gotten a little tough towards the end so I wrapped it in some damp bog roll over night and it has come right back to life! I am still hammering away with this old meerschaum 'cutty' and I expect it to go like the last one I broke in before lock down that over the course of a month turned a pleasing totally brown sh*t color. Good night chaps and if the 'Big Fella' upstairs so desires it I will talk with you all tomorrow.

thumbnail.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor