PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

hauntedmyst

Lifer
Feb 1, 2010
Chicago
OK boys its last bowl full for February and its quite chilly here in Lutz Florida being 46 degrees outside but back into the 70s tomorrow. In the words of the immortal Jim Inks I have a large G&T with little floaty ice bergs as my drink of choice whilst I smoke a bowl of Condor Plug circa 2000 in a meerschaum 'cutty' circa 1890s.

View attachment 21052

Sweet Moses that looks good. Where did you find it?

Reactions: rushx9

shanez

Lifer
Jul 10, 2018
Las Vegas
Getting my afternoon set up:

IMG_20200301_153115191_HDR.jpg

First up is Match Troost in a Russ Cook wax drip from Fishnbanjo's Collection:

IMG_20200301_153426868.jpg

Not ever having actual Troost I didn't have any expectations for this but I will say it's quite tasty albeit mild. I can see this making its way into my cellar the next time Sutliff goes on sale. Barely sweet, barely tangy, lots of hay (in a good way), and some breadiness. Lights and burns really well too.

shanez

Lifer
Jul 10, 2018
Las Vegas
I'm only going with about half bowls today so I can get in a variety. After about half a half bowl of the Match Troost I let it go out.

Moving on I'm now smoking Happy Bogie Twist in a Savinelli sandblasted Autograph Mignon pot:

IMG_20200301_160103737_MP.jpg

This is my first twist ever and to be honest I was a little scared. I was wrong to be scared. I'm not sure this is as strong as the GH&C unscented dark flake (which I love) in the nicotine department. There is a lovely depth of flavor here and it is a match made in heaven with the eisbock! I need more of both! The bogie brings forth a level of maltiness from the eisbock that isn't quite bitch-slap level but it really lets you know it's there backed by a nice sweet raisin and molasses flavor.

hauntedmyst

Lifer
Feb 1, 2010
Chicago
Having a blend of GH&Co Rum Twist mixed with Lane Hazelnut. I have to learn to cut the Hazelnut in half. You wouldn’t think a fairly mild aromatic would out punch a GH rope but does. At 50/50 there are so many noticeable chemicals in the Lane that compared to the pure tobaccos used in the GH blends, it drowns out the delicious taste. At about 1/5 there is just enough Hazelnut to be noticeable but not intrusive.

Last edited:
Reactions: poettheologian
Status
Not open for further replies.