PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Birddog66

Lifer
Nov 29, 2020
Newhaven England
Morning everyone, just finished off last night’s Nebari in a Sasieni Eight Dot Straight Grain and am now having Wilke #436 in a 1921 Masta Patent and the usual Lavazza coffee. It’s 10am and it’s dark outside like it was evening, the pub sign next door is screeching on its iron rings like a foley sound effect to a horror movie while the wind howls down the street. A fine end to the last year. image.jpg

Jun 16, 2018
Athens, Greece
Morning everyone, just finished off last night’s Nebari in a Sasieni Eight Dot Straight Grain and am now having Wilke #436 in a 1921 Masta Patent and the usual Lavazza coffee. It’s 10am and it’s dark outside like it was evening, the pub sign next door is screeching on its iron rings like a foley sound effect to a horror movie while the wind howls down the street. A fine end to the last year. View attachment 275523
...could be a scene in a film!

Dec 3, 2021
Pennsylvania & New York
Carrying on with the 2014 Frog Morton from earlier in the day. This time in a ‘Television’ stamped Italian made Rhodesian Church Warden. I pulled this out after seeing Steve’s latest from Reborn Pipes. He just restored a twin of this. I acquired and restored mine a couple years ago. Supposedly, ‘Television’ isn’t a brand, but a design to allow you to watch TV unencumbered from the smoke pouring out of a smaller stemmed pipe. Good news, for I’m about to watch TV. Thankfully they stamped this on the pipe, or I’d never know what to do with it!!! :ROFLMAO:

View attachment 274700View attachment 274701View attachment 274702

Is that a leather wrapped Longchamp pipe stand?

troutface

Lifer
Oct 26, 2012
Colorado
I don’t usually like bent shapes but that is just 😍!
I love that stem, grain and panels.
Thank you. It's the first Wiley I ever bought and it's a wonderful smoker. I have a dozen or more Wileys now and most are dedicated to Virginia blends because of the conical chambers, though I don't know that it makes any difference at all. Probably just more pipe mythology. 🤔

Birddog66

Lifer
Nov 29, 2020
Newhaven England
Back in from walking WeeBay in the rain, I had to drag him out the house as he hates the wet weather and back home, that dog can’t make up his mind at all. Had a bowl of St Bruno on the walk in the old Civic and I’m about to have some Crystal Palace in a Sasieni Four Dot Amesbury and I’m drinking a hot mug of Smoking Bishop, a Victorian red wine and Port punch often mentioned in Dickens novels. I roasted oranges and a lemon studded with cloves yesterday and steeped them in the wine and Port overnight with various spices and it’s incredibly good and I thoroughly recommend it on a cold rainy day like this. image.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.