PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

sardonicus87

Lifer
Jun 28, 2022
Lower Alabama
I had Maple Shadows a second time last night and decided to measure the tin and how deep I am in and it turns out, I am finally just at 1/4 of the way through. Decided to change it up today though with my first bowl of D&S Merry Monk. So far, I like it, nice sweet woody, almost toffee-esque taste that's more in the leather dimension than in the campfire dimension. This is more like what a medium English should be. Surprisingly simple and straightforward flavor (in a good way) relative to the complexity of the components.

PXL_20231203_201913387.jpg

BenMN

Lifer
Jun 21, 2023
St. Paul, MN

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Enjoyed a tasty lunch, and am half way through this bowl of year 2014 Peter Stokkebye Luxury Twist Flake in a smooth straight brown mid-1930s Linkman’s Dr. Grabow Supreme Bruyere 9456A patent 1896800 billiard with a nickel band and a black vulcanite saddle stem. Almost time for my weekly pipe zoom. Gold Star Blue Mountain, neat, is my drink.
Linkman-Grabow-Supreme9456A-billiard.jpg

Scottmi

Lifer
Oct 15, 2022
Orcas, WA
Sun's Out, Pipes Out! Has turned into a glorious afternoon after a few days of dreary cold rain. Walking around the property with Sun Bear Mountain Flower in the Larus & Brother Signature Dublin. Gonna have to make a t-shirt like below, saying Sun's out Pipes out, with a couple bent chubbies in place of arms. :)
IMG_6097.JPG sogo.jpg

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
Giving Bob’a Chocolate Flake a try in a clay. Nice aroma when I opened the tin. Almost like a cake baking.

View attachment 266641
@Silverback Nice clay; it looks like an OId Dominion Jamestowne. My pipe of choice when I went to see the Sealed Knot at the Battle of Nantwich nearly a year ago, with a GH Brown twist.

Silverback

Might Stick Around
Feb 26, 2019
Bucks County, Pennsylvania
@Silverback Nice clay; it looks like an OId Dominion Jamestowne. My pipe of choice when I went to see the Sealed Knot at the Battle of Nantwich nearly a year ago, with a GH Brown twist.
Yessir that is the pipe! Just got it last week along with an Old Dominion Dutchman. I'll pack the Dutchman with the Chocolate Flake next. I think I need the bigger bowl to give that tobacco a better run.

Status
Not open for further replies.