PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Relaxing after a wonderful salad, chicken legs and green beans dinner with strawberries for dessert. I just finished smoking Ken Byron Ventures Jim’s Special Flake 2023 in a 1984 black rusticated full bend Peterson Mark Twain military mount egg with a silver cap and tapered black vulcanite p-lip stem.
Peterson_MarkTwain_Rusticated.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Almost half way through this bowl of year 2013 Capstan Blue Ready Rubbed in a straight black sandblasted 1924 Parker’s Super Briar Bark 11 billiard with a tapered black vulcanite stem. This pipe was made in the second year of Parker production. This is a great smoker, and why it was barely smoked during the past century is a very puzzling question to me. The last of the Gold Star Blue Jamaican Blue Mountain, neat, is my drink.
1924_Parker_Billiard_11.jpg

JSPiper71

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 3, 2022
Toronto Canada
Almost half way through this bowl of year 2013 Capstan Blue Ready Rubbed in a straight black sandblasted 1924 Parker’s Super Briar Bark 11 billiard with a tapered black vulcanite stem. This pipe was made in the second year of Parker production. This is a great smoker, and why it was barely smoked during the past century is a very puzzling question to me. The last of the Gold Star Blue Jamaican Blue Mountain, neat, is my drink.
View attachment 271150
I have a Parker similar to this that I picked up in my last collection. It was obviously his favourite at it was well smoked. There’s a double crack at the top 1/4 of the bowl that is beyond my skills to fix at this point. I don’t want to f it up. I think it requires that pinning technique to ensure it doesn’t completely break apart. I’m going to leave it for a while. One day I hope to give it a go.

Status
Not open for further replies.