PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
Latakia Virginia Bright in briar. I had nothing but flavored tobaccos in clay these past days, If I had any at all.
This is a very welcomed change. Such a great leaf, such a great basket pipe. It should've been my first.
It has a billiard shaped brother sitting in the same shop which I gotta get, if they still have it.

View attachment 185387

View attachment 185388
@Chaukisch I thought you might like this YouTube video:

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Half way through this bowl of year 2014 Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style. Ice water and bergs is my drink. Watching Mad Dog Russo.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

Apr 26, 2020
Northern California
Love your smoking crate!
Thank you I appreciate that. I’ve accumulated it over the years because I was tired of hauling piece by piece to all the different places I smoke around the house and property. So now I just pick it up and and in one swoop everything I need is there’s. It’s still growing. if it keeps growing I might have to get wheels on it. :)

Chaukisch

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 31, 2021
Northern Germany
@Chaukisch I thought you might like this YouTube video:
Indeed, I like it! It's a very similar approach although mine was much more barbaric.
I used a strong duct tape (we call it "tank tape", "Panzerband" over here) to hold the two pieces together, than bound it with the thick hemp twine which I soaked in ugly plastic glue. The fumes and their flavor lasted for a good two weeks, I thought I completely ruined it. But it turned out really well, no glue flavor left now.
Since then the pipe fell down a couple of times like a hammer, head first to the ground. It just bounced up and laid there, ready to smoke. It was from a height of merely 40-50cm but still. Any other clay pipe would've been FUBAR, Fucked Up Beyond Any Recognition.

But I gotta say, I do miss that slick feel of a regular clay pipe.

What the hell, here it is. Some straight Virginia Gold Lemon to smoke in it.
Who doesn't like some straight VA?

20221206_193213 - Copy.jpg

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
Indeed, I like it! It's a very similar approach although mine was much more barbaric.
I used a strong duct tape (we call it "tank tape", "Panzerband" over here) to hold the two pieces together, than bound it with the thick hemp twine which I soaked in ugly plastic glue. The fumes and their flavor lasted for a good two weeks, I thought I completely ruined it. But it turned out really well, no glue flavor left now.
Since then the pipe fell down a couple of times like a hammer, head first to the ground. It just bounced up and laid there, ready to smoke. It was from a height of merely 40-50cm but still. Any other clay pipe would've been FUBAR, Fucked Up Beyond Any Recognition.

View attachment 185410
@Chaukisch Looks good; nice colour!
Definitely got the Clay King's golden shine!
I looked on Smokingpipes.com and they have a few straight Virginias with the golden colour I'm looking for.
I'm thinking of trying the Kendal Gold (in a clay pipe of course) as it's got the golden shine and low nicotine strength. I was smoking C&D Yorktown at the Redcoats & Revolutionaries event last year. Maybe the blacksmith will light my "Clay King" next year!

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com

View attachment 185410
I looked on Smokingpipes.com and they have a few straight Virginias with the golden colour I'm looking for.
I'm thinking of trying the Kendal Gold (in a clay pipe of course) as it's got the golden shine and low nicotine strength. I was smoking C&D Yorktown at the Redcoats & Revolutionaries event last year. Maybe the blacksmith will light my "Clay King" next year!

Chaukisch

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 31, 2021
Northern Germany
My own coffee blend in the sawn-off, once again. Probably my favorite flavored blend so far, although it could use just a little bit more sweetness or at least some other sweet flavor.

20221206_204222 - Copy.jpg

Getting a few drinks in yourself I see? Double posting and all? Eh? 😁
The next batch of your Clay King blend will have that color I wanted it to have, this current one definitely taught me a couple of things. I'm gonna roast it again tomorrow, to hell and the devil with the money, where it came from and belongs. I just want a smoke of it already.
I hope that event comes after January, I want that blacksmith to light up my own version of the Clay King in your clay pipe. Assuming that you'll make it last that long. ;)

Winnipeger

Lifer
Sep 9, 2022
Winnipeg
Dragged my daughter to daycare (literally) on the old toboggan. Enjoyed a Fire Cured Pony on the walk home, followed by the rest of my bowl of Squadron Leader from yesterday. My outdoor thermometer reads -20.4 — (that's minus 4.72 Fahrenheit for you South-of-the-border folks) — and it's been falling all day.

Status
Not open for further replies.