PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
Maiden voyage for 2022 Peterson PPN (23). Although apparently not a popular blend, lol, I’m enjoying some Peterson Sweet Killarney and this pipe works wonderfully. 80% of the in house Xmas done, nice bowl of leftover chili and condensing Xmas lists! Festive photos to set the mood! 1E88F29D-399F-43DC-9073-79A99C4FFD4C.jpeg8F7177FF-C90C-4990-B409-38F67ABD66BF.jpeg

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
Now smoking year 2018 Esoterica Dunbar in a smooth straight, dark brown early 1960s Lane era Charatan Selected 43 Dublin with a black vulcanite double comfort saddle stem. This pipe was formerly owned by actor William Conrad.
View attachment 186515
Haha, I thought of “Cannon” and McCloud” last night - woke up in the wee hours and couldn’t sleep and caught the one Robert Culp episode of “Columbo” I’d never seen (he’s a pro sorts team owner) - not the best of the lot, but he was always a good villain on that show.

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
@edger This one?
I've got this one; a gift from @condorlover1:
Maybe I should make it my dedicated Condor pipe:)

edger

Lifer
Dec 9, 2016
Mayer AZ
@edger This one?
I've got this one; a gift from @condorlover1:
Yes, the billiard. I like the stem for comfort, but it doesn’t seem to be removable and, therefore, obviates my ability to clean it by throwing it in a fire. How do you clean yours?
Condor…..lovely stuff!

FurCoat

Lifer
Sep 21, 2020
North Carolina
Is that the Stryker? I was thinking about getting that for myself and a couple of buddies who are Star Trek fans. How do you like it?
I like it. It holds more than a legend but not as much as the freehand or MacArthur. It's perfect. They also have The William which has an apple shaped bowl like the cobbler. The stem is beautiful and goes great with the black cob.

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
@edger The stem on my pipe is removable; I think the black stem looks better on a clay pipe than the yellow one.
I just wash my pipes in my washing up water and run a pipe cleaner down the stem.
My most precious clay pipe moment was when the blacksmith at the Redcoats & Revolutionaries event lit my clay pipe with an ember from his forge; I was smoking C&D Yorktown in it; appropriate to the event:)

Dec 3, 2021
Pennsylvania & New York
Going to have Sutliff Cringle Flake 2021 in a Clay Figural (Santa Claus?) with Cherrywood stem with orific bit.

IMG_20221210_173006.jpg

This is the maiden voyage for this pipe, which I plan on dedicating to Holiday/Seasonal blends. I’m unfamiliar with the maker’s mark, which emulates a red wax seal—“RR” inside a crest (a wide crown above the shield portion). The orific bit suggests this could be late 19th Century, or early 20th Century.

IMG_20221210_172749.jpg

IMG_20221210_172804.jpg

Any help with the ID of the maker, or suggestion of who might be depicted (other than Santa) would be most welcome.

edger

Lifer
Dec 9, 2016
Mayer AZ
@edger The stem on my pipe is removable; I think the black stem looks better on a clay pipe than the yellow one.
I just wash my pipes in my washing up water and run a pipe cleaner down the stem.
My most precious clay pipe moment was when the blacksmith at the Redcoats & Revolutionaries event lit my clay pipe with an ember from his forge; I was smoking C&D Yorktown in it; appropriate to the event:)
Does the mouthpiece come out of the ferrule or does the ferrule come off the clay stem. I don’t want to break the pipe and I couldn’t find any clay pipe vendors that address this in their FAQ’s.

Dec 3, 2021
Pennsylvania & New York
I like it. It holds more than a legend but not as much as the freehand or MacArthur. It's perfect. They also have The William which has an apple shaped bowl like the cobbler. The stem is beautiful and goes great with the black cob.

I have three MacArthur 5-Star cobs—my only complaint is the amount of chamber below the draught hole (which I suppose could be remedied by filling, but, I prefer to keep the pipes “stock”). Yes, the stem combined with the black cob is what I found visually appealing. Thanks.

JimK

Lifer
Feb 11, 2021
Early evening bowl of C&D Bayou Morning in an Upshall P Dublin with quarter-bent tapered stem. Like this blend very much and find GLP Cairo almost identical (same blender), but with the addition of orientals, to be smoother, better mannered and my preferred breakfast smoke.

Status
Not open for further replies.