PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jwebb90

Lifer
Feb 17, 2020
Ruse, Bulgaria
Just finished Advent readings with the family and now I’m heading out to smoke Oriental Square in a Linkman’s Dr. Grabow.
359F01D2-FED8-475B-835E-CBCE0D2CE0B3.jpeg
“But you, O Bethlehem Ephrathah, who are too little to be among the clans of Judah, from you shall come forth for me one who is to be ruler in Israel, whose coming forth is from of old, from ancient days.”
‭‭Micah‬ ‭5‬:‭2‬ ‭

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
One of the flakes recommended recently by @hoosierpipeguy was F&T CVP - have some current samples of a few the recommendations on the way but couldn’t find this one and apparently because it is the season, a few flakes of some very well aged CVP showed up along with this virtually new Peterson Sherlock Holmes Strand from “Santa”. Doing more Santa research and part way through the bowl this is a really good tobacco! 295F68A2-7EEF-4FFB-8793-A7C999791FB0.jpeg

Cigar Time - La Aroma de Cuba Mi Amor

I had to cook something for lunch today, and suddenly decided to cook chicken biriyani. Not the type which you typically get in restaurants which are spicy and from Southern parts of India (Or from Pakistan). My recipe was from eastern parts of India which is very aromatic and flavorful due to generous amounts of saffron. floral essences and aromatic spices.

Even though quick and dirty it still took about 3 hours to cook. I was surprised at how flavorful it was, given that I cooked it without a lot of care.

It did not look very presentable but I think it’s OK.

I also did some mental math. Forget labor - just the materials cost more than the average price of a similar quantity of biriyani from a typical Indian restaurant.

Status
Not open for further replies.