Status
Not open for further replies.

edger

Lifer
Dec 9, 2016
Mayer AZ
Sutliff’s Mixture 79 in a cob.
View attachment 115433
I just bought a pouch of 79 the other day. Such a controversial mixture! I hadn’t smoked any since 1972 when a San Diego Opera chorus member insisted I try it. I thought,at the time, that it was awful. Surprise! It was quite pleasant to my more mature palate if a little mild. Enjoy!

Mar 2, 2021
Alabama USA
I’ve decided to fire up some of my more neglected pipes this weekend.
I’m about to fill this 7 & 3/4 inch cutty with some Savinelli Janus. The pipe was from a gentleman who worked for GBD throughout the 1930’s - late 50’s, it’s unmarked because there’s a small inclusion on the stem that’s barely noticeable and was probably a reject, I brought a couple more pipes from this chap also unmarked but said to be ‘30’s GBD’s. View attachment 115503
Love that Opinel. :)

S

ScienceSmoker

I took my home blends out of the press this morning. I have 4 that I really like. I'm smoking some of the Black Balkan this morning from my unmarked straight grain. I used to call this blend Black English, but I tweaked the recipe, and it's definitely a Balkan now.

Nicegrainpipe2.jpg

Charlie718

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 25, 2021
Bronx, New York
I was thinking about more drying time but the fact is, I had opened this tin at least over a month ago and forgot to jar it up. It still may have had some excess moisture. And I ran a pipe cleaner through it a couple times which is some thing I almost never have to do. Very strange.
To me that blend or type of cut can burn hot which causes moisture. It’s the one VaPer in my collection that doesn’t smoke so well in my Meer, for me it smokes better in a small wide bowl then a deep narrow one. The first few times I smoked it I smoked to fast just to keep it lit and that caused a lot of moisture

LotusEater

Lifer
Apr 16, 2021
Kansas City Missouri
I’m about to fill this 7 & 3/4 inch cutty with some Savinelli Janus. The pipe was from a gentleman who worked for GBD throughout the 1930’s - late 50’s, it’s unmarked because there’s a small inclusion on the stem that’s barely noticeable and
I’m about to fill this 7 & 3/4 inch cutty with some Savinelli Janus. The pipe was from a gentleman who worked for GBD throughout the 1930’s - late 50’s, it’s unmarked because there’s a small inclusion on the stem that’s barely noticeable and was probably a reject, I brought a couple more pipes from this chap also unmarked but said to be ‘30’s GBD’s. View attachment 115503
You have some very cool stuff Birddog. Love the GBD cutty and the story that goes along with it is even better .
That pipe rack looks fantastic!

Status
Not open for further replies.