PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

gamzultovah

Lifer
Aug 4, 2019
Three bowls today.

1. 50% MacBaren Old Dark Fired with 25% Sutliff Red Virginia and 25% Newminster Virginia Flake, smoked in a James Barber B127 Ruby Billiard.
The Old Dark Fired seems too one note here, I think it needs more tangy Reds and less of the plain VA slices.

2. SG Skiff in a second James Barber Ruby Billiard.
Same as last time, still quite moist, full flavor smokey and savory from start to finish.

3. "Blueberry Cheesecake" home blend in a Missouri Meerschaum Freehand.
Equal parts Sutliff Vanilla Custard, Stokkebye English Oriental Supreme, and Sutliff Mature Red Virginia, then 17% Perique mixed in, and topped generously with Royal Jamaican Blackstrap Molasses Rum, and finally extracts of Almond, Anise, Orange, and Vanilla.
This blend holds its flavor quite well, full flavored through the first half and while losing fullness it is still quite fruity in the second half. This is one of my favorite blends and I was really lucky getting it right in the first batch.

View attachment 112989
Your blends sound spot-on (and delicious).

Running my routes today, but still trying to not overdo it. Taking a couple of my Nording Valhallas. The bulldog will be for PS Sweet Vanilla, and if I smoke the other, it will be with some Haunted Bookshop.
But, I want my voice back, so I may save it for lunch.

edit: damn, my pipe clamshell looks way dirtier in this picture than in life. I may need a new one.
D8A6A8DD-8B17-4B2A-9AE4-0E078AC130E6.jpeg

stogie37

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 24, 2012
Southport, North Carolina
How is the Evening Flake? I haven't tapped into mine yet and am intrigued.
Only one bowl so far - and with none of my usual drying time and in a brand new cob - ? To say I don’t have a proper grip on it yet is an understatement! Initial notes were quite citrusy, not a lot of depth, well behaved in the burn department (fully rubbed out) and light to moderate Perique presence. Next bowl will be dried a bit and probably in a familiar briar. Maybe this afternoon…

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Couldn't sleep, so I'm going with the flow with a bowl from a freshly opened first production tin (2013) of Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style. Ice water and bergs is my drink. Just fed Suzy and the irrepressible Molly.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
Condor Ready Rubbed in my clay pipe; had a couple of pints of beer? and had to sit in the smoking shelter as it was raining ?️. The man I was talking to said he liked the smell of the Condor and that a group of old men used to sit in the smoke room playing dominoes and smoking their briars before the 2007 smoking ban. I imagined the Cavaliers going to the pub on the night before the smoking ban all wearing their costumes and smoking the **** out of their clay pipes:)
I could almost smell all that pipe smoke!!!

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
Just the way ya see it...
1JMf67q.jpg
@weezell Smoked some more Condor in my clay pipe today; man it went down well!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.