PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Part way through this bowl of Watch City Java! Java! in a 2003 medium bent Ural meer with a lined and etched egg shaped bowl with a silver band and a brown pearl acrylic saddle stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink. Working on a review of this blend.

musicman

Lifer
Nov 12, 2019
Cincinnati, OH
Just had a bowl of Rouxgaroux in a Geppetto bent dublin that I recently purchased from @Jwebb90.

Now embarking on a brave mission. A few weeks ago, I placed an online order, and out of curiosity, threw in a tin of War Horse Bar. I put in in a jar as soon as I got it, as I just HAD to check out the unique tin note, but I've been a little intimidated by it ever since, due to the reputed strength and the "interesting" topping. Currently giving it a whirl in a Road Town bent apple that I've dedicated to the stronger Lakeland blends. Haven't passed out yet! If you don't hear from me for a few days, please send a search party! ;)
Important update: I'm still here. Got a little bit of a nic buzz but not too bad. And War Horse Bar is a very tasty smoke, perfect for the times I want something strong and sweet!

virkia

Lifer
Jan 30, 2020
Calabash stamped KAROO and GOLDIES on the body
(Calabash gourds or “bottle gourds” were grown on the Little Karoo River in South Africa by Boer farmers who exported them – cut & dried – to England for fitting with bowls and mouthpieces. The heyday of the calabash was from 1905 to 1915)

KAROO and W.H stamped on the mounts with marks for Birmingham 1908
(William Harrison - silversmith and pipe mounter: various Harrison's marks in Chester Assay Office were registered by Imperial Tobacco Co between 1907 and 1916)

"EVERYTHING FOR SMOKERS/GOLDIES Ltd./JOHANNESBURG & PRETORIA" on the label inside the fitted case . . . LONDON MADE in gold block letters on the outside

+ John Sinclair BARNEYS PUNCHBOWLE:-
20201229_172407_resized.jpg
20201229_172557_resized.jpg

johng99

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 14, 2020
Lake Havasu City
Watching the sun set this windy Arizona evening. The mountains have an orange hue about them, fading to yellow into the light above. Just above a few stars are shining. Enjoying GH&Co. Sweet Whiskey Twist in a no-name billiard meerschaum. I have become fond of these rope tobaccos, they never disappoint me.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Relaxing after a wonderful salad, sock-eyed salmon and green beans dinner with strawberries, and a small scoop of Dutch chocolate ice cream for dessert. I'm smoking Ken Byron Ventures Oriental Hot Mug in a 1980s White Pipe straight, smooth octagonal paneled billiard meerschaum with an acrylic yellow cream colored saddle stem. Community Coffee, neat, is my drink.

Status
Not open for further replies.