PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
Yesterday was one of those delightful days when an old friend comes up in the rotation. It's a simple straight ball, purchased from Campbell's Smoke Shop in East Lansing in 1972 or 1973, for $10. I have heard, since, that the house pipes from Campbell's were made by Savinelli in those days.
Yesterday, spread out over the day, I enjoyed three bowls of McCranie Red Ribbon. This is a tin of the 2008 crop that I set aside in 2014.
I've smoked a fair amount of RR over the years. I never got a chance to smoke the fabled '83 crop that started it all. A quick check of my logs reveals that I still have 22 tins set aside. Most are from the 2000 and 2008 crop, although I do have four from the 2011 crop, the final one, and 2 from the '96. I've had both of those tins for over 10 years.

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
Tax preparation time! Starting the day with a bowl of G&H Kendal Kentucky sent to me by my dear friend Weezell which I shall enjoy whilst I try and fathom out the 1099 stuff for 2019 and then imput it into my computer. My pipe for this mornings foray into amateur accounting is 6' 'cutty' meerschaum circa late 19th century by a no-name maker from either France or Austria. I always find it amusing that the cheaper no-name pipes have a knack of surviving in better condition than their expensive peers.

Status
Not open for further replies.