PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tfdickson

Lifer
May 15, 2014
East End of Long Island
1980’s era McConnell Red Virginia in my BST oval shank billiard.

IMG-1380.png

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Relaxing after a wonderful salad, snapper and green beans dinner with strawberries for dessert. I'm a third of the way through this bowl of Sutliff Silver Quarter 175th Anniversary Blend in a straight black sandblast late 1990s 2 star Ferndown Bark squashed pot with a tapered cumberland stem. Working on a review of this blend. Too humid for coffee, and it's still raining. Oddly enough, Daisy the Feral Princess doesn't want to come in. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Ferndown_Pot.jpg

Sandblast

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 10, 2023
Mendota Heights, Dakota Country, MN
I like the way you described the current season and the one that's on its way. I can see a couple of Norman Rockwell pictures in your words. Enjoy your Autumn '12 puffy
Gee, thank you for your kind words (!!!).
Maybe I was rushing things a bit (the calendar, the Season), but we're having it a bit cooler recently, daily highs in the 70's when it could be sweltering in early August in MN. Teasing me for the upcoming Fall weather.
I'm anticipating the What Are You Smoking in Sept '24 descriptions of tobacco choices from everybody. I know some have said they don't really change things to honor the change in Seasons, but some do. And then October .... (Yay)!
I'm thinking this Fall, I might spend time trying to grasp more fully Brown Virginias & Dark Virginias (not necessarily Black Virginias). Examples can be Wessex Brown Virginia Flake, Wessex Brigade Campaign Flake, Rattray Brown Clunee, F&T and Butera Browns, etc.
I recently cracked open jars from '12 of GH Brown Flake u/s and GH Dark Flake u/s. I was so impressed with the Brown Flake u/s that I added 8oz to a new TAD. However, I now regret not adding some of their Rum Flake and their American Blend Whisky. To sort of make up for this, I've been adding some Peter Stokkebye P38 Highland Whiskey to both u/s Flakes (home blending). Also thinking I'll try this with some Blockade Runner for the rum effect. Of course, I could also simply do another TAD.

Last edited:

mpjetset

Starting to Get Obsessed
20240808_175040.jpg
It was a Calabash evening with Captain Black gold, which could have been a little dryer. This unsmoked gourd arrived today from an ebay deal; a replacement for one lost years ago. I exclusively smoke VA blends but, to me, a calabash gourd calls for aromatic or latakia, don't you agree? It's not a convenient shape but the bamboo insert is surprisingly comfortable. I wish the bit was angled a little higher and may make the modification. My drink was filtered room temp. tap water and a Jamison finger neat.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Half way through this bowl of Watch City American Cut Plug Mixture in a smooth medium bend terracotta Peterson POY 2023 X160 464/1100 military mount egg with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. Just fed my cats, and all the ferals except for the absent Abner the Eager. I seldom see him when it's been rainy.
Peterson_POY2023_X160.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.