PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Passing the quarter mark of this bowl of pre-2014 Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style. Going to feed the ferals as soon as Molly Danger finishes her meal. I was happy to see her come out and go to the kitchen on her own. It's the first time that she's done that for lunch since all the drama with Sam and her scampers started. Sleepy Suzy's already eaten.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Did a set of walking reps under cloudy, steamy skies, and have a third of a bowl left of Drucquer & Sons Rule Britannia in an undated, unbranded straight lattice meerschaum military mount with a silver cap and tapered yellow acrylic stem. I'm finally getting a handle on what this blend is. Lunch follows this smoke.
Unbranded MM meer.jpg

Sig

Can't Leave
Jul 18, 2023
Western NY
Last week I made my first tobacco order sinse 2019.
I ordered a few pounds of the regulars, and a few tins of stuff that didn't exist in 2019.
With the order I got a couple pouches of St Bruno RR.
The only time I ever had St Bruno was many years ago(2004-2006) when a British friend sent me a couple pouches......boxes......tubs.......I don't know, it came in a small white tub/container inside a pouch......I believe.... it was the flake version. He sent a couple PACKAGES a few times.
I LOVED it back then.....and I really like it now.
Im pretty sure its different. I don't remember exactly what it tasted like but this RR pouch stuff does not taste like an "aromatic" really.
I taste Virginia.....and the Dark Fired......and its good.
Im smoking it in my Rad Davis SF "Pipe Of The Year" 2008.
17230576729498912185497320279638.jpg

Nov 20, 2022
Wisconsin
OJK in a Karl Erik. I seem to be only smoking two pipes a day as to 4 to 5 before knee surgery. I have been vaping too much. It also seems I am on a Burley kick mostly smoking OJK and Haunted Bookshop Cake. View attachment 328820
This advice may be unwanted and in the wrong section. Strong evidence that quitting smoking completely for 4 weeks and even up to 8 weeks are associated with improved outcomes and decreased infection rates for knee replacement surgery. You can start back up after you are healed. An FYI.

Nov 20, 2022
Wisconsin
Keep trying to understand Burly tobacco still without success yet…
View attachment 328828View attachment 328829
Abe Herbaugh Super Light weight Blasted Nosewarmer with Silver ring and Army mounted mouthpiece & Tabac De La Semois: Le Petit Robin
Nice pipe. I also struggle with Burleys, but really enjoy Le Petit Robin. I tried it only because it is grown in Belgium

Status
Not open for further replies.