PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steddy

Lifer
Sep 18, 2021
Western North Carolina
Good afternoon. With a bit of a hangover from last night. I can't tolerate whiskey or bad bourbon, hahahahahahahaha. A nice cold shower to wake up. So, enjoying Capstan Gold now, in a Ser Jacopo Calabash. I wish you a happy Sunday.
No stories of misbehaving dinner companions I see. This time a DWI is a good thing, Dinner Without Incident.

Jun 23, 2019
Been away for a few days on a Euro trip, returning to a wonderful lunt with the dog; this morning is a cool 74 degree (23/24 Celsius for your Europeans) and the bowl is some vintage 2011 (yenidje) Balkan Sobranie in this trusty Dagner cob:

31aOYQll.jpg

[Many have asked in the past, but that's a Al Pascia 'pipe sock' the cob is resting on. I really enjoy it for bringing a loaded pipe around, helps to quickly snuff it out when you need to duck in somewhere too.]

edger

Lifer
Dec 9, 2016
Mayer AZ
I'm still reeling from the sudden death of one of my favorite jazz organists, Joey DeFrancesco. A new cache of samples from @TheIronMonkey should help me get back into a better frame of mind. Digging in today for the first time...

C&D Warped: Saint Espresso in my Savinelli Tortuga 614 bent billiard. Although @JimInks says no dry time needed, I gave it 10-15 minutes, just because I'm a finicky SOB. 😇 Lovely blend! It does taste pretty true to its name, although my wife (a coffee snob) took a couple puffs and shook her head as she handed the pipe back to me! But she liked the taste and the room note, so I can't ask for much more than that.

Bird report: California scrub-jay, Steller's jay, House finch, Mountain chickadee, Northern flicker, Common raven, Mourning dove, Western bluebird, California towhee, California quail, and Hairy woodpecker. Nursing a Moscow mule, and preparing for a great dinner of pasta w/chicken sausage and mushrooms. Summer seems to be conceding to autumn a little early, which is just fine by me. That spells lots of work forthcoming for my Sav Bacco 321, my English blend pipe.

View attachment 165483

View attachment 165484
Very few could caress the Hammond B-3 like Joey. RIP.

Status
Not open for further replies.