PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Servant King

Lifer
Nov 27, 2020
Frazier Park, CA
www.thechembow.com
Watch City Rouxgaroux (sample) in a Foyard Rhodesian, both courtesy of @TheIronMonkey . Interesting blend, benefits greatly from a wee bit extra dry time than one would expect.

Bird report: White-breasted nuthatch, California scrub-jay, California towhee, California quail, House finch, Oak titmouse, Common raven, Red-tailed hawk, and Steller's jay.

In less than 24 hours, I will be retrieving my new English/Balkan pipe from the post office, a Savinelli Bacco 321 bent rusticated author. I think it's only fair to break it in with a nice healthy bowl of EMP, even though it will certainly be in the afternoon. Should be fine...after all, I've smoked Nightcap in the morning, and the Universe did not implode.

Happy smokes!

foyard.jpg

Last edited:

Hillcrest

Lifer
Dec 3, 2021
Bagshot Row, Hobbiton
50/50 mix of Rivendell and Old Toby from country Squire in my Mark Twain cob with Forever G stem. It burned hot and fast and gurgled so I figured out the Tobacco is too darn wet ... it is drying out now in a small tray for 24-48 hours.

I also made some pipe mud to coat my Barontini 1/2 spigot pipe which has been burning hot lately and I believe the walls are thinner than I thought. I used a modified version of @ ChasingEmbers formula ... Thank you @ChasingEmbers !! Looking forward to trying it out in a couple of days.

Next up maybe a 1/2 bowl of Green Dragon in a Savinelli EF 128 billiard for a nic-hit before I make a late dinner of Chicken, mixed vegetables and rosemary garlic small golden potatoes. 50/50 Cold Ice tea and Lemonade to drink (4C brand). Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend and will have a great week !

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Did a second set of walks after my zoom meeting in the potent humidity (it had rained earlier), and am close to finishing this bowl of unreleased Sutliff VaPer in a 1970's straight rusticated black Savinelli Estella 915 KS dublin with a flared top and pearl brown acrylic saddle stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Estella_915KS_dublin .jpg

Sidehatch

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 30, 2022
Colorado
First smoke of day was WCC Deluxe Crumb Cut in Stanwell Dublin while fishing. No pic. Wasn’t a big catch but a few rainbow trout. Then picked up a few salmon filets to put on some cedar planks. pre feast smoke of Wilke Butterscotch Cavendish in Bullfrog Gumnut. Like is good. F5666599-B496-436A-BB77-4B23C2E3DF77.jpeg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Relaxing after a wonderful salad, rainbow trout and pinto beans dinner with strawberries for dessert. I've about a third of a bowl left of year 2013 Capstan Blue in a straight 1924 Dunhill’s “Shell Briar” patent pot 7 with a tapered black vulcanite stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink. Watching the Red Sox-Yankees game.
Dunhill_1924_ pot.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.