PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashdigger

Lifer
Jul 30, 2016
Vegas Baby!!!
Good morning All
It’s a windy but dry day here in the Scottish Borders. Choice of pipe is a thicker bowled Linea Artisan by Savinelli with Peter Stokkebye’s Luxury Twist Flake is just the ticket for an enjoyable smoke.
Happy smokes
Ettrick puffer View attachment 92235View attachment 92236
I’ll have to revisit that flake. I have a bunch sitting in my cellar and never really cared for it. It has 8 years on it now. Thanks for the inspiration.

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
@--dante-- I've never had one with a regular stem but @condorlover1 has one. I've got some Markus Fohr clay pipes and they smoke very well but tend to become more heavily stained with smoking than English clay pipes...
32 minutes is the best smoking time with my clay without relighting!
I still don't know how Cavendish at Bolsover Castle made his clay pipe of baccy last more than an hour; I couldn't make mine last that long!
After my long slow smoulder in the churchyard there was still a bit of unburned tobacco left in the clay bowl - does this mean that something is wrong???
Not anything I could especially put my finger on Dan......

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Not far from finishing this bowl of circa year 2000 Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style. Ice water and bergs is my drink on this very hot and humid day.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.