PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

gatorhazard

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 26, 2020
So this is unusual. I’m a lover of Latakia, and English blends are my jam. I’ve had some EMP that I’m not all that fond of, mainly because I feel the Latakia just is not present enough. So, naturally I figured Presbyterian would fall in same category. I had my first bowl, which I described as “not hating it” a few weeks back. Today, I sit here with my Dagner Poker MM, filled with my second ever foray into Presbyterian, and uhh…..uh oh.

I am coming around and really enjoying. The only difference of note is that my first bowl I pinched off top of tin and it was completely light and golden colored tobacco. Today I rummaged to the bottom of tin and noticed some darker tobaccos, so I made sure to get a good mixture. This could be good or very bad. As a newb, I’ve basically only stocked up on English blends (PS Proper English, Super Balkan, Maltese Falcon, Pirate Kake) and now wondering what the heck is going on.

How can I love Latakia, not like a light Latakia blend such as EMP, but thoroughly enjoy an even lighter blend in Presbyterian??? Anyway, will have to keep smoking this blend and see if it sticks. How does it change with some age?

2D3A01D6-240D-4A7D-9856-C1B9D2202785.jpeg

Birddog66

Lifer
Nov 29, 2020
Newhaven England
Afternoon everyone, I found another Christine (so far unidentifiable) on eBay with a spare bowl, which is probably how it was sold originally, in perfect new condition. The seller thought it could be a late Ornsby model, made just before the company’s dissolution in 1979. Anyway he was an incredibly kind gentleman and included a FREE, in brand new condition, Ornsby Pipe for me after I told him I had a modest collection of them. I’m blown away by his generosity and christening it with some Captain Earl’s Mystic Blend. In the photo the original Christine is at the back with the new Christine Mkll and the Ornsby in the foreground. Also a belated happy birthday to Gus and many more. image.jpg

LotusEater

Lifer
Apr 16, 2021
Kansas City Missouri
Great
Afternoon everyone, I found another Christine (so far unidentifiable) on eBay with a spare bowl, which is probably how it was sold originally, in perfect new condition. The seller thought it could be a late Ornsby model, made just before the company’s dissolution in 1979. Anyway he was an incredibly kind gentleman and included a FREE, in brand new condition, Ornsby Pipe for me after I told him I had a modest collection of them. I’m blown away by his generosity and christening it with some Captain Earl’s Mystic Blend. In the photo the original Christine is at the back with the new Christine Mkll and the Ornsby in the foreground. Also a belated happy birthday to Gus and many more. View attachment 93634
Nice pipe and great story - apparently there are still some “good” people out there.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Almost half way through this bowl of year 2000 Wessex Brigade Sovereign Curly Cut in a smooth straight Lane era Charatan Executive Extra Large stretch apple with diagonal channel cuts on the lower right and left of the bowl along with a black vulcanite double comfort saddle stem. This pipe was formerly owned by actor William Conrad. Ice water and bergs is my drink. Watching Mad Dog Russo.
Conrad_apple-thumbnail copy.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.