PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ophiuchus

Lifer
Mar 25, 2016
An old, close friend and I headed out to a Michigan State Park for a walk. This particular campsite isn‘t that great ... in fact, it kind of sucks. It’s right next to state highway, which runs between the campers and East Bay, so the traffic is as noisy as hell. The lots are crowded together, the steel “fire pits” are poorly placed, and you have to cross a foot bridge over the highway to get to the beach. We didn’t go there for a dose of nature, though. We just wanted to smell the campfires and check out the RVs and campers and pop up trailers and tents. It was just a lot of fun to see what campers did with the limited space they had.

Boy, back on topic ... I took along a Peterson Premier System 312 loaded with Hearth and Home Chatham Manor; it goes well ambient campfire smoke. (There were a few cigar smokers out there, and two other people smoking pipes. One young guy who looked more like a soccer/football player puffed on a cob, and a lady who appeared roughly my age in a flannel shirt sipped on a long bent billiard while reading.)

My buddy and I gabbed so much while we were out walking that I only got a little over half way through the bowl, so I’m finishing it now, watching a really bad but funny episode of Lost In Space on MeTV. Iced tea is serving as beverage.

571DC3C6-FBCA-49EB-804B-31A9B8271721.jpeg

Bedtime soon ...

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Now smoking Watch City Rouxgaroux in a smooth straight late ‘50s, early 1960s Lane era Charatan Selected 43 Dublin with a black vulcanite double comfort saddle stem. This pipe was formerly owned by actor William Conrad. Chatting with the fella who gifted me the pipe.

rajangan

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 14, 2018
Edmonton, AB
I'm smoking a mud lug off of an unknown tobacco plant raised with seed collected in a village in East Timor. Trying to figure out what type of tobacco it is. This leaf was sun cured on the plant. Leaves so low are usually really mild, low in nicotine, and flavor.

Being un aged, it wasn't terribly good. It has a slight tongue bite, mild sweetness, woody, complexity including jasmine and cedar (but this will probably go away if aged), and reminds me of sun cured bright leaf tobacco in the aroma and aftertaste. It has respectable nicotine.

The pipe, my favorite, I purchased from the pipe maker in Eskisehir. It's from a really dense and heavy block.

DSC_0162~2.JPG

DSC_0148~3.JPG

DSC_0037~2.JPG

kg.legat0

Lifer
Sep 6, 2019
Southwestern PA
Just finished a bowl of SPC Deception Pass from late last night, moving onto 'breakfast' which is a cob stuffed with Smoker's Pride Vanilla and a big mug of black coffee. ...failing miserably at a sneaky assassin style video game called "Hitman 2" and listening to lo-fi electronic music. Happy Sunday folks! puffy

COB.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.