***What Are You Smoking *** (August 2014)

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

crazypipe

Lifer
Sep 23, 2012
003-470-0027_zpse8fb95d8.jpg

A robust blend based off of traditional American smoking mixtures, D&R's Cockstrong combines air-cured Burley, flue-cured gold leaf, and several Orientals to produce a full smoke.

hierophant

Lifer
Jul 27, 2014
Cornell & Diehl Pirate Kake in a Peterson Donegal Rocky 999
I got a small ,1/2 oz sample of this from SmokingPipes with my last order. I don't have the ability to distinguish "subtle notes of bourbon-coffee-chocolate-lilac" or whatever that some seem to :) but I can say that it's good. It's real good.

andystewart

Lifer
Jan 21, 2014
Last of a tin of Capstan Blue in a smooth, straight basket billiard with an extended bowl perfect for flakes.
@teddy - that Cockstrong looks interesting. Onto the list!

@hierophant - I am a dreadful reviewer with apparently no palate to speak of, but I know what I like and can tell the difference between blends, so all good.
Andy

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Just finished smoking Edgeworth Ready Rubbed Match in a 2003 black sandblasted medium bend Karl Erik Ekstravagant blowfish. Next is Jim's Va/Bur #1 in a 2003 smooth Peterson Sherlock Holmes Series Baskerville.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
MacBaren Three Nuns in a 2003 medium bent straight grain Two dot 2 P. Ardor Venere Extra Bucaneve with a silver ferrule signed by Dorelio Rovera.

Status
Not open for further replies.