PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Enjoyed a tasty snap dragon apple, and am half way through this bowl of Watch City English Ernie-ental in a straight dark brown and tan rusticated Peterson 2023 Saint Patrick’s Day 264 Canadian with an Irish flag colored ferrule and tapered black acrylic stem. Off to work later than expected, but that happens sometimes.
Peterson_St. Patrick's_Canadian264.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Did some low calorie snacking, and am half way through this bowl of Wilke Little Round Top in an undated straight smooth brown pre-Republic Peterson’s Sterling bulldog 150 with a sterling silver band and a black vulcanite saddle p-lip stem. This blend is Back Bay with much less perique (10%) than the regular Back Bay. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Peterson_PR_Bulldog_Sterling150.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Enjoyed a tasty golden delicious apple, and am smoking Watch City American Cut Plug Mixture in a smooth medium bend terracotta Peterson POY 2023 X160 464/1100 military mount egg with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. Going to catch up on the forum before I read baseball box scores.
Peterson_POY2023_X160.jpg

Skippy B. Coyote

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 19, 2023
St. Paul, MN
I always take my dog out for a late night walk sometime between 1:00 AM and 4:00 AM (I'm a bit of a night owl) and usually bring a pipe along with if the weather is accommodating. Tonight I brought the Morgan Bones Milan, loaded up with Mac Baren Vanilla Cream Loose Cut.

IMG20240426011634~2.jpg

Two days later I still have a sore throat from that Haunted Bookshop I smoked a couple nights ago, so I've just been making the rounds through my favorite aromatic blends the past few days; since they're always smooth and gentle on the throat. My short list of favorites being:

Cult Blood Red Moon
Mac Baren Vanilla Cream Loose Cut
Gawith Hoggarth Bob's Chocolate Flake
Super Value Bourbon Whiskey

There are a couple other aromatics I really like as well, such as Captain Black original and Sutliff Pumpkin Spice, but those both leave a lot of goop in the pipe that takes several pipe cleaners to scrub out and days to dry afterwards so they don't quite make the favorites list for me.

I have been really enjoying those four well-behaved aromatic blends the past few days though, enough that I have found myself wondering why I even smoke non-aromatics that always give me a sore throat and sinuses when there's plenty of good aromatics I enjoy that never seem to bother my throat or sniffer at all. I guess I just like the flavor of plain honest to goodness tobacco, even if my mucous membranes don't agree on the matter.

Still, I should probably smoke aromatics more often since my body doesn't seem to mind them and it's hard to enjoy smoking when you have a sore throat all the time from blends your body doesn't like. As the doctor would probably say, "If it hurts, stop doing it you dummy!" 😅

Status
Not open for further replies.