PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Skippy B. Coyote

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 19, 2023
St. Paul, MN
Smoking Haunted Bookshop twice last night may have been a mistake, because oh boy does it ever feel like someone rubbed my throat down with sandpaper today! That's alright though, it just means that today will be a mellow aromatic day while I wait for my throat to recover.

This morning's smoke is Cult Blood Red Moon, which after another couple bowls will be the only blend that I've ever enjoyed enough to smoke through two whole tins of. It's a little light in the Vitamin N department for my liking, so I should probably pick up some Five Brothers to try mixing it with on my next order, but it sure is the tastiest cherry aromatic I've ever smoked!puffy

IMG20240424134629~2.jpg

Aug 11, 2022
Cedar Rapids, IA
2021 Squadron Leader in the English cob. Had trouble keeping it lit for the first half. There was a clump remaining from the tin that I didn't bother to loosen up, in the future I'll be making sure it's fully loosened up and then packed evenly. It tasted pretty good, perhaps a little spicier than it should have been from aggressive relighting and wind, but those Gawith Virginias are always lovely. Think I'll give this one a redo next!
So I had another bowl of Squadron Leader in my Savinelli 316 Long John, and sat next to the side of the house that was out of the wind (mostly.) I might have erred on the side of packing too loosely this time, as I still had issues getting it to light at first. But the flavor was great. It's interesting how English blends, in the beginning, just hit me over the head with campfire smoke and I had trouble distinguishing anything else, and now the Virginias and Orientals are way out in front. I need to give Gaslight another spin, or crack open my Lagonda or Charing Cross for a try, as it's been a while since I've had a really Latakia-heavy blend.

sardonicus87

Lifer
Jun 28, 2022
Lower Alabama
Halfway through this tin and I have to say, I hate this kind of packaging.

To begin with, when I first opened it, I cut my finger on the sharp edge trying to get the first paper sleeve open. Then today, it was a pita to get the first paper sleeve out to get to the second one, and then even more a pita to get the second one out. I stuck the empty first sleeve in then stuck the second sleeve on top so I don't have to reach down to the bottom and risk cutting my finger again.

In the future when I open one of these, I'll pull it all out and put it in one of those CVault containers. I would have done so today, but I don't have any that are empty, need to get some more on my next order of stuff.

PXL_20240424_203050798.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Just finished smoking year 2020 Watch City Rouxgaroux in a smooth medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY Natural 4AB No. 6/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. Spent a little time outside with Harry the Hairy. I don't get many chances to do that. I'll post a couple photos later. Watching the Mets-Giants game. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
4AB_Nat_left.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.