PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
In the words of Monty Python .... 'And now for something completely different!'. I came across this Kaywoodie pipe my wife gave me the other Christmas. It has a stinger and all sorts of other stuff going on but I thought what the hell I'll take it out for a test drive. Well all I can say is that it was interesting. I forgot that briar burns so hot and is a different animal to what I am used to using. I blasted through a bunch of Ennerdale Flake and some Broken Flake No: 7 since I discovered yet another jar of the stuff in a cupboard. I think I'll give that whole Kaywoodie scene a miss for another year or so. Anyone have any ideas how old this pipe might be?

thumbnail-3.jpeg

Dec 3, 2021
Pennsylvania & New York
In the words of Monty Python .... 'And now for something completely different!'. I came across this Kaywoodie pipe my wife gave me the other Christmas. It has a stinger and all sorts of other stuff going on but I thought what the hell I'll take it out for a test drive. Well all I can say is that it was interesting. I forgot that briar burns so hot and is a different animal to what I am used to using. I blasted through a bunch of Ennerdale Flake and some Broken Flake No: 7 since I discovered yet another jar of the stuff in a cupboard. I think I'll give that whole Kaywoodie scene a miss for another year or so. Anyone have any ideas how old this pipe might be?

View attachment 305214

While I always love seeing the ancient Cutty pipes, it’s fun to see you smoking something other than the usual fare! I’m sure a pic of the stamps and stinger of the Kaywoodie will help someone here determine a date range of the pipe for you; the number of holes in the stinger and its stamps will help narrow things down.

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
@TN Jed Do you think it would be a good baccy for the King's Clay? One of the redcoats shared his tobacco pouch with the Clay King! Peterson Connoisseur's Choice in Ye Olde Clay; the Clay King will have to buy a tin:

das3353

Lifer
Sep 7, 2019
Peterson Flake in a Radice Silk Cut 55

52890774014_0811a4a6c2_o.jpg

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
Status
Not open for further replies.