PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 11, 2022
Cedar Rapids, IA
After a streak of Union Square, I decided to go back to some C&D red Virginia ribbon in one cob, then bright Virginia ribbon in another.

IMG_3729.jpeg

To my delight, both of these are now presenting with more of a smooth but tart/citrusy, lightly sweet flavor than they ever had before. I think clamping down on the bowls like this is helping a lot with the wind, on top of really taking the smallest, gentlest of sips. When the wind is going, I hardly even need to do that, just air circulation fills my mouth with smoke.

Last edited:

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Enjoyed the Bill Finger Award zoom meeting, and we picked two people for the award. I've a third of a bowl left of Watch City English Ernie-ental in a straight dark brown and tan rusticated Peterson 2023 Saint Patrick’s Day 264 Canadian with an Irish flag colored ferrule and tapered black acrylic stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink. Watching the Dodgers-Mets game.
Peterson_St. Patrick's_Canadian264.jpg

Sobrbiker

Lifer
Jan 7, 2023
Casa Grande, AZ
How is your IF Match mix coming along?
Not bad, Dark Birdseye walked it away from the intended flavor a bit.
Unfortunately SPcom ran out of C&D blending Dark Fired, I’ve got the other ingredients in my wishlist to make what I think will be an acceptable facsimile.
Then there’s plan B: buy a bunch of IF every time it’s on sale 😉

Status
Not open for further replies.