PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Enjoyed seven large quesadillas with a large slice of freshly made Boston Cream Pie and a golden delicious apple for dessert. I'm passing the half way mark of this bowl of year 2020 Watch City Rouxgaroux in a smooth medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY Natural 4AB No. 6/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. Gold Star Jamaican Estate Reserve, neat, is my drink.
4AB_Nat_left.jpg

Briarcutter

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 17, 2023
U.S.A.
I have way too many open jars of tobacco. Some tobacco just never did anything for me. I decided to try to smoke through jars until completion. This leads me to this blend. I bought Capstan because everyone who like Virginias raves about it. Well fresh, I didn’t feel it was that great to buy multiples. Flash forward two years and this think is quite good. I am seriously considering sticking up now for two years down the road.

Pine cones would probably taste great in that beauty! I mean, anything in it would probably taste great, even pine cones. No, I don't smoke them. Beautiful pipe, nice work!

Last edited:

Skippy B. Coyote

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 19, 2023
St. Paul, MN
It's a rainy day here in Minnesota today and I'm smoking Sir Walter Raleigh Aromatic in my usual morning cob.

IMG20240416135356~3.jpg

This is only my second time smoking Sir Walter Raleigh Aromatic and there's a surprising amount of flavors going on here. It's a little windy today so tasting conditions aren't the best, but I'm getting a variety of mixed fruit, maple syrup, and some kind of liquor topping... chocolate maybe? A good bit of bright Virginia tobacco flavors in there too.

In any case it's a tasty little blend, and I always find OTC blends to be good morning smokes. Carter Hall and Captain Black original tend to be my favorites but they're all really smooth blends that are super gentle on a dry scratchy morning throat and totally non-fussy to pack and keep lit, with a mellow nicotine content that's more akin to tea than coffee for waking you up. Sir Walter Raleigh Aromatic definitely fits that description as well, and I'll have to give the non-aromatic version a try at some point too.puffy

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Passing the last third of this bowl of year 2021 first production Watch City Simply Orange Virginia in a black sandblast medium bend Peterson POTY 4AB No. 182/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. Cleaned a few pipes, and played with the scampers.
4AB_Sandblast_left.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.