PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

isaac

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 18, 2012
Portland, OR
I have way too many open jars of tobacco. Some tobacco just never did anything for me. I decided to try to smoke through jars until completion. This leads me to this blend. I bought Capstan because everyone who like Virginias raves about it. Well fresh, I didn’t feel it was that great to buy multiples. Flash forward two years and this think is quite good. I am seriously considering sticking up now for two years down the road.

PaulRVA

Lifer
May 29, 2023
“Tobacco Row “Richmond Virginia USA
Does anyone else hate painting?
Taking a break from painting my main hallway while hoping the paint match blends in so I don't waste 2 days cutting it in.
Changing to C&D Night Train in another IMP and more coffee.
IMG_7283.jpeg
Looks bright white and new! Looking forward to seeing it change over time.
Thanks Doc, looking forward to it myself!

Dec 3, 2021
Pennsylvania & New York
Going to have Savinelli 140° (1358/2800) in a Savinelli Meerschaum Bent Billiard with a bone tenon and what seems to be a Bakelite stem (slotted, not orific). I’m very excited about this recent acquisition. This pipe originates from the original Savinelli shop in Milan on Via Orefici 2 near the Piazza Duomo (where it still operates).

20240416_125537.jpg

It has a fitted snakeskin case marked “Schiuma Vera” (Real Foam—Meerschaum).

20240416_125618.jpg

20240416_125656.jpg

I’m guessing this might be from the 1930s or ’40s, before the 1948 factory opened.

*Very special thanks to @JOHN72 for helping me get this pipe from Italy to Spain, to the USA, because the seller couldn’t figure out the customs forms to send to the United States.

Last edited:

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
A third of a bowl left of pre-2014 Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style. Ice water and bergs is my drink. Fed my cats, and Daisy the Feral Princess. Watching Mad Dog Russo.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.