PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

tfdickson

Lifer
May 15, 2014
East End of Long Island
Yachtsman Plug in my Herbaugh bamboo billiard.

IMG-1203.png

Apr 2, 2018
Idong,South Korea.
N
Well, I was enjoying a nice bowl of Ennerdale Flake in my Peterson Junior Rusticated Billiard while out on a dog walk.

View attachment 302867

One unexpected tug of the leash later and wheeee, the pipe goes flying and there goes $85 when it hits the concrete. 😣

View attachment 302868

That was the first and only time I've ever dropped a pipe, but I think the lesson to be learned here is that if I want to smoke a pipe while out walking then just bring an inexpensive cob. Thankfully the Peterson was a factory pipe and can be replaced, but I did really like that pipe so I'm still sad about the loss. From here on out it's cobs only for dog walking!
No loss.I'm sure there's a pipe repair man who can fix that.Decades ago as a pimply faced 19 year old,I broke a Svendborg Billiard in a similar area, and I repaired it using wood working glue at the shank.That Bad boy held up.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Near the half way mark of this bowl of year 2002 F&T Cut Virginia Plug in a straight smooth brown 1920s LHS Purex double patent no. 1587048 and 19085630 Real Briar Root Silver Circle 42 apple with a tapered black vulcanite stem. First time smoking this previously unsmoked pipe.
LHS Purex_SilverCircle42-apple.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Almost half way through this bowl of 2015 Mac Baren Modern Virginia in a medium bend, smooth dark brown 1950s Peterson 999 Shamrock chubby Rhodesian with a tapered black vulcanite p-lip stem. First time smoking this pipe. Been quite a while since I smoked this blend. I was the first person in this country to smoke it, thanks to Per Jensen. He was surprised that I guessed the toppings correctly. So was I, to be honest. If I hadn't smoked Heine's Blend, I doubt I'd have figured it out.
Peterson_999_Rhodesian_Shamrock.jpg