Sep 7, 2019
Peterson Flake in an Altinay

53652127754_848c3ee03d_k.jpg

Servant King

Lifer
Nov 27, 2020
Frazier Park, CA
www.thechembow.com
Peterson Sherlock Holmes in a Savinelli Porto Cervo 122 rusticated bent pot. Nice smoke on a nice day, 8.2/10

Bird report: House finch (both kinds), California scrub-jay, Dark-eyed junco, Mountain chickadee, Red-tailed hawk, Common raven, California quail, California towhee, Northern flicker, Mourning dove, White-crowned sparrow, Golden-crowned sparrow, and Steller's jay.

Thank you to everyone who supplied all the birthday wishes these past few days. Who knew 39 could bring so much fanfare? :LOL:

porto cervo 2.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Half way through this bowl of KBV Night Mare beta extra in a medium bend fumed tan crackled year 2020 Ahmet Govem reverse calabash meerschaum with a military mount silver band and black acrylic stem. Writing beta notes. Cleaned a few pipes, gave Abner the Eager food and attention a few minutes ago, and am watching the Braves-Guardians game.
Ahmet Govem reverse calabash meer.jpg

dino

Lifer
Jul 9, 2011
Chicago
This afternoon I had a wonderful visit with my weekly ZOOM crew of pipe buddies. I smoked my 1891 A.D.P. pipe filled with five-year-old "And so to bed". Peach/Mango Green Tea with a splash of Honey Jack was my beverage.
An Adolph David Posener pipe appears in the Sherlock Holmes adventure, "Silver Blaze". (I wrote an article about the proper identification of this pipe that appeared in both The Baker Street Journal-Spring 2019, and The Pipe Collector-April 2020.)

1714261271943.jpeg

Hillcrest

Lifer
Dec 3, 2021
Bagshot Row, Hobbiton
Lane 1-Q in the Peterson Pub pipe 9mm with a pinch of Newminster 400 on top for a nic hit. I discovered something about the pub pipe today ... I got halfway through and thought the pipe had gone out as I could get no smoke despite repeated drawing. I dumped the ash preparing to relight, took a puff and voila ! it was fully lit but the ash prevented it from functioning properly. When I ran into a store later it did go out and I dumped more ash and held the lighter above the bowl ... one puff and it was fully lit again. This pipe continues to surprise and amaze me. I've never enjoyed the functional aspect of a pipe this much before. It is forcing me to learn how to smoke it which is different from my other pipes.

1714264575028.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.