PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

UncleRasta

Lifer
Sep 26, 2019
Monterey, CA
Good morning all. I’m up early this morning to watch footie with @UncleRasta ( c’mon boys!). I have loaded a bowl with BMP, doctored up a cup of coffee, and ready to head to the garage to watch the first half. I would love to be outside on this mild 65f morning but the wind is howling and heavy rain is on the way.
Have a great weekend all!

Cheers!

View attachment 213473
Good morning all. Hey @tarwheel, that wasn't really much fun was it? At least I had a good smoke of HH Burley Flake which was worth getting up way too early for 😁

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
Looked up my bent, smooth, bulldog with no bowl rings ( I forget the terminology, so, give me the lash) that has a vulcanit saddle stem. It has the nomenclature: Benton on one side of the shank, and SELECT on the opposite side. Pipedia suggests it's made in Italy, but no other info. The pipe is perfectly made but has some obvious putty. Likely a shop pipe. Smoking Warped Scarecrow by C*D

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
Off the pipes as of tomorrow afternoon for a time, lol (thanks Mr. Oral Surgeon) and rather than make a thing out of my "last" few bowls the next day or so, just pulling a pipe and picking a blend like I would any other time - what seems to fit at the moment. So, starting off today with a Doug Finlay (@doug535) chubby apple and some mellow KBV Merchant Service Fireside Chat. 08AC65FA-81BE-4696-925B-849DCBC468CF.jpeg

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
I’m dumping my meers and my cased pipes. I feel it’s the right thing to do. My Peterson’s all suffer from horrible quality control and well, my Loewe’s are absolute garbage.

So let me introduce you to the new direction my collection is heading. Savinelli. Doesn’t mind I’ve never owned one I liked. I think it’s time to change my ways.

So here is the first of many. A Savinelli Eleganza 606KS

I’m breaking it in with my all time favorite tobacco Borkum Riff Whisky.

View attachment 213446View attachment 213447View attachment 213448View attachment 213449
Perfect day for getting rid of all those 100 year old pipes! :ROFLMAO:puffy

I feel like a big 'ole largemouth bass not biting on a frog (plastic with a hook) sitting on a lily pad!

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Half way through this bowl of early 2000s Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style. Been raining all day so I don't know if I'll get any walking in today.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.