PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

isaac liu

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 30, 2022
China wuhan
@isaac liu ,
A wonderful photograph. Is that a well aged brick of tea?
I knew you would bite the hook :ROFLMAO: .
This is a 2kg tea brick pressed in 2009. I took it out yesterday to check its preservation status. The difference between it and Pu'er tea bricks is that the raw materials and origins are different. The leaves of Pu'er tea come from trees, and the material of this tea brick is shrubs, at the same time, this tea brick undergoes longer artificial fermentation, Based on this difference, we call this "black tea" (black tea in English is red tea in Chinese). In addition, its manufacturer once provided products for TWININGS and produced 2000 tea bricks for TWININGS' 200th anniversary celebration. I had the opportunity to buy one of them, but the price was too outrageous, so I gave up.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Enjoyed a tasty red delicious apple, and am smoking Wilke No. 72 in a pre-1974 dark brown straight Larus & Brother Co. Signature billiard with a nickel band and a tapered black vulcanite stem with the initials LCR on the top of the stem. This blend was smoked by Walter Cronkite. Fed Daisy the Feral Princess and Tomato the Brave, too.
Larus and Brother pot.jpg

Aug 11, 2022
Cedar Rapids, IA
I tried cube-cutting St Bruno Flake for the first time. Filled this bent cob that I don’t use as often last night and stuck it in a baggie so it could air out a bit without losing too much topping. Having a really tasty smoke on a cool still night.

7276FF71-9827-4C63-A72A-08CF90CF1845.jpeg

That said, from the relights, I could probably have let it dry out a little more. puffy

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Now smoking year 2020 D&R Raccoon’s Delight in my very reliable smooth straight post-1938 pre-Republic Peterson Sterling Canadian 263 with a sterling silver band and a tapered black vulcanite p-lip stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink. Listening to Calling All Cars from my collection of radio shows.
Peterson_PR_Canadian_Sterling.jpg

Mar 13, 2020
missouri
Now smoking year 2020 D&R Raccoon’s Delight in my very reliable smooth straight post-1938 pre-Republic Peterson Sterling Canadian 263 with a sterling silver band and a tapered black vulcanite p-lip stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink. Listening to Calling All Cars from my collection of radio shows.
View attachment 213645
I like that pipe, Jim. I have a Sterling 155 bulldog that I need to get cleaned up and put into service.

dino

Lifer
Jul 9, 2011
Chicago
I spent the afternoon with my ZOOM buds in a fun meeting peppered with a bit of April foolery. I smoked my Upshall ring-grained, blasted, bent bulldog filled with 10-year-old Wilke's 524, with Syrian Latakia, blended by Carole Burns.
A tumbler filled with Peach/Mango Green Tea, a splash of Honey Jack and a fistful of bergs was my beverage.

1680414679284.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.