PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cranseiron

Part of the Furniture Now
May 17, 2013
McHenry, MS
William Faulkner: Go Down Moses. I love the imagery of the old Mississippi Delta when it was a wild wooded bottom land. Had a hard time with Faulkner when I was younger. Now I find him rich and languid.

indianafrank

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 15, 2014
deathmetal -
Frank, you're ready for Human, All Too Human.
Welcome to The Dark Side.
I've read some Nietzsche, but never gave time to "Human." I was on the dark side for a very long time. But it was tempered by Locke, Emerson, Thoreau, Plato, Voltaire, and many more.
From time to time I do go back to the dark side, if only to remember what I've forgotten. However, I may pick up "human" again. I know it's in my library.

misterrogers

Can't Leave
May 16, 2011
Ohio
I'm a massive sucker for Russian literature, both before and after my time in Russia.
Reading Maxim Gorky's "Fragments of Fragments from My Diary."
Reading Issac Babel's complete collection of short stories, including "Red Calvary" and "The Odessa Tales."

misterrogers

Can't Leave
May 16, 2011
Ohio
Just finished reading "The Pipe Book" by Alfred Dunhill. Really interesting stuff for anyone interested in the development of pipes across all cultures and history.

instymp

Lifer
Jul 30, 2012
Just finished the Daniel Silva series, all of them. All of them come true. Starts getting better from #7 The Secret Servant. Much history.

Bradley, didn't see The Unlikely Spy, will look for it. Found it bought it.

He is good.

gmjabsky

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 3, 2015
James Herriot's "All Creatures Great and Small" with its occasional pipe smoking references

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
Esoteric Hollywood, by Jay Dyer
Basically an analysis of Hollywood films based on their occult meaning/symbols, and the philosophical/religious/magic ritual elements...and the context and impact of all of this in the pop culture/collective psyche.

Status
Not open for further replies.