PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

withnail

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 30, 2011
United Kingdom
i am currently going through the discworld series.
I really enjoyed reading those!
Currently I am reading "An Appointment On The Moon" which tells the story of American space exploration from Robert Goddard, through the redesign of captured WWII V2 rockets, and up to Apollo 11. It was written to be released just after the first Moon landing and so contains a lot of information that tends to be glossed over these days.

misternoah

Lurker
Nov 29, 2011
The Gathering Storm by Winston Churchill

Also doing my annual fall/winter read of the Hobbit (one of my favorites)

buster

Lifer
Sep 1, 2011
Started the "Hunger Games" two nights ago. Its a page turner for sure. My wife keeps telling me to turn the light off and go to sleep :) I have to tell her it is her fault for starting me on a book so good I can not put it down. I wanted to read it before the movie comes out in March.

tobakenist

Lifer
Jun 16, 2011
Middle England
I have just recieved a copy of Confessions of a Pipeman that I ordered from the USA, Gary B. Schrier kindly signed it for me on request when ordering it, looking foreward to putting my feet up with pipe and book.

bigvan

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
Buster, I'm listening to the audiobook of "Mockingjay", the third book in the Hunger Games series (I'm in IT, so I can listen while I work).
Excellent series and I, too, can't wait for the movie!

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
11-23-63 by Stephen King. I like King books, particuarly the last few and this one is written very well and a great tale. 900 pages, it's like holding a brick in each hand. I'm getting a Kindle on Sunday and this one is already loaded, looking forward to that experience.

tslex

Lifer
Jun 23, 2011
Baskerville, POTE is a wonderful book, leagues beyond the mini-series.
Good side stories are explored in a lot more depth and, if the technical aspects of chathedral building, the culture of the time, the politics, the details of domestic life and law interest you -- they did me -- the book is a great exposition on those.

mluyckx

Lifer
Dec 5, 2011
Texas
Love Tolkien and the entire disk world series ! Great stuff.
Currently (re-) reading Asimov's foundation series, by lack of any other fiction. :cry:

Non-fiction: "Recovering the real lost gospel" by Dr. Darrell Bock

docrx

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 9, 2011
Harry Trumans Excellent Adventure The True Story of a Great American Road Trip by Mathew Algeo

Status
Not open for further replies.