PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Briar Lee

Lifer
Sep 4, 2021
Humansville Missouri
IMG_5493.jpeg

Every schoolchild should be required to read 13 Days before graduating the eighth grade.

Russia and America walked up to the brink of the cliff of nuclear war, and stepped back.

It could happen again, without the happy ending.

Reactions: RonB

dino

Lifer
Jul 9, 2011
Chicago
I'm reading the biography of actor Dwight Frye, best known as Renfield in the 1931 Dracula. It is an in-depth account of a truly talented and versatile actor who gets type-cast as a "creep" in his Hollywood career. Wonderfully written and profusely illustrated with photos, both professional and family oriented.

1699665412683.png

brooklynpiper

Part of the Furniture Now
May 8, 2018
Are you planning to read all six?

Well I really enjoyed the first one and am liking the second one too. I am very interested about the big essay at the end, but I'll have to like each book to continue on.

I really enjoyed his novel before the My Struggle books, A Time for Everything, and will probably work in Morningstar before going after My Struggle 3, should we make it so far.

I wouldn't expect to finish the books until 2025 -- there's a lot out there to read. From your posts, you certainly know!

warren99

Lifer
Aug 16, 2010
California
Well I really enjoyed the first one and am liking the second one too. I am very interested about the big essay at the end, but I'll have to like each book to continue on.

I really enjoyed his novel before the My Struggle books, A Time for Everything, and will probably work in Morningstar before going after My Struggle 3, should we make it so far.

I wouldn't expect to finish the books until 2025 -- there's a lot out there to read. From your posts, you certainly know!
I haven’t read him and know of his six-volume work only by reputation. It’s gotten excellent reviews, however, the name, My Struggle (Mein Kampf in German) doesn’t sit particularly well with a lot of folks!

Status
Not open for further replies.