PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

shanez

Lifer
Jul 10, 2018
Las Vegas
I've been on some sorta kick lately with what I can only describe as distant heritage kinda folk-ish stuff. Here's a sampling of my YouTube playlist:

There's just some wonderful stuff out there.

Reactions: Kozeman

Kozeman

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 4, 2020
Woodstock, Illinois
I've been on some sorta kick lately with what I can only describe as distant heritage kinda folk-ish stuff. Here's a sampling of my YouTube playlist:

There's just some wonderful stuff out there.
It's the one positive about the crap on the radio. Makes one explore musical styles that have survived centuries versus the flash in the pan populist shite being spewed out lately. And if anyone brings up that Greta Van Fleet garbage, I'm going to puke on my keyboard. They are not like Zeppelin.

BlueMaxx

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 7, 2020
Indiana
Very cool. That looks like a Maiden show for sure.
I remember before cellphones when people would go to a show to watch and listen to the act and really be a part of the moment, instead of watching it in real-time on their phones...

Instead of holding up lighters like in the old days, they hold up their cell phones....:confused:

It was one of the best sounding arena concerts I have ever been too, kudos to technology improvements on that side of things
Bruce's voice has only gotten a better with age...he is a powerhouse and an amazing individual...flying in on their own jet, I mean come on, thats cool.
They had monster jumbo screens everywhere so you could be in the grass section and see them and look then at the monitor and really see them.
Upon seeing how old they have gotten and how you started listening to them in the 80's you realize how old you are and and you are just as old looking so you return to looking at the tiny figures again...LOL

BlueMaxx

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 7, 2020
Indiana
New Order's Blue Monday was released on 7 March 1983, and its cutting-edge electronic groove changed pop music forever. But what would it have sounded like if it had been made 50 years earlier? In a special film, using only instruments available in the 1930s - from the theremin and musical saw to the harmonium and prepared piano - the mysterious Orkestra Obsolete present this classic track as you've never heard it before.

Status
Not open for further replies.