PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recon Paul

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 29, 2020
New Jersey, US
I'm listening to WBGO online. Best jazz radio there is.
That is my go to station in the car. I find they have been missing the mark a bit lately though. Playing too much straight blues during the midday. Don't get me wrong. I LOVE blues, but there is more jazz and jazz styles than I could possibly know. Blues gets too close to rock too quickly for them to give it that much air time on a jazz station IMO.

Case in point, I'm currently listening to Rory Gallagher, Tattoo.

20201004_122920.jpg

Reactions: prndl and edger

keith929

Lifer
Nov 23, 2010
All my radios (house & car) are tuned to WBGO.
I've been a fan of theirs for over 30 years.

Reactions: edger

edger

Lifer
Dec 9, 2016
Mayer AZ
That is my go to station in the car. I find they have been missing the mark a bit lately though. Playing too much straight blues during the midday. Don't get me wrong. I LOVE blues, but there is more jazz and jazz styles than I could possibly know. Blues gets too close to rock too quickly for them to give it that much air time on a jazz station IMO.

Case in point, I'm currently listening to Rory Gallagher, Tattoo.

View attachment 45330
Real Jazz on Sirius isn’t bad either, and La Luna ( Latin Jazz) is one of my favorites. I agree with your take on BGO though, but we don’t seem to have the options we used to for domestic jazz programming. Of course I’m an old guy.

edger

Lifer
Dec 9, 2016
Mayer AZ
All my radios (house & car) are tuned to WBGO.
I've been a fan of theirs for over 30 years.
I grew up on Long Island so I used to listen to BGO and KCR all the time on the radio. Now that I‘m in Arizona it’s JZZ out of Phoenix, or internet radio(thank God).

Reactions: JOHN72
Status
Not open for further replies.