PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

edger

Lifer
Dec 9, 2016
Mayer AZ
Today I listened to a great deal of Whitney Houston. A troubled soul but a remarkable singer. By my lights, also one of the most beautiful women I have ever had the pleasure to look upon. Why does the sensitivity required to be a wonderful artist result in such pain and insecurity? I pray for her soul, and am grateful to God that she graced us for the time she was here.

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
Starting to lament letting my youtube primo subscription lapse...

That said:

Heavy D and the Boyz - Now that we Found Love

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
Today I listened to a great deal of Whitney Houston. A troubled soul but a remarkable singer. By my lights, also one of the most beautiful women I have ever had the pleasure to look upon. Why does the sensitivity required to be a wonderful artist result in such pain and insecurity? I pray for her soul, and am grateful to God that she graced us for the time she was here.

I love Whitney Houston.

I know it doesn't track, musically, but Ofra Haza is another amazing voice whose life was tragically cut short.

Reactions: edger

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
As soon as I thought of her, it had to happen. After Aretha, edging out Whitney for #2, Ofra Haza has the second most powerful diva voice of the 20th century. And yes, I will fight you about it. :ROFLMAO:

Ofra Haza - Kaddish

edger

Lifer
Dec 9, 2016
Mayer AZ
Hey wyfbane! I think we are kindred spirits and I will explore Ofra Haz. Music is probably the most inspirational art to me. Thanks.

Reactions: wyfbane

renfield

Lifer
Oct 16, 2011
Kansas
To say I’m envious would be an understatement.

Jazz is so much a creation of the moment that no recording can touch actually hearing the unique happening on that particular night. It’s there and gone just as quickly, except in our memory.

Reactions: edger and dino
Status
Not open for further replies.