PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

bullet08

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
RTP, NC. USA
Moved all my Billy Joel CDs to my MP3 player yesterday. The Nylon Curtain was last LP I bought back in the days. I just didn't care for the tunes that came after. Until the new single that came out this year.

So, listening to my favorite Billy Joel tunes in FLAC.

Reactions: BCF and Speak Easy

bullet08

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
RTP, NC. USA
"Careless Whisper" - George Michael. Before anyone calls it.. Anyway. It was my first dance tune. Must been 82 or something. My friends and I decided to crash this school dance. Drunk and impaired, we went inside and grabbed first girls we saw and danced. Yeah, crazy night. Not as fun as my friend's little brother's bachelor party. Got kicked out of six bars and get into a fight with a whole bar that spilled out to street. I had a good life.

kcghost

Lifer
May 6, 2011
Olathe, Kansas
Those are all great choices, but I will go with Alan Jackson who was great for a number of years.

5/5

"Don't rock the jukebox
I wanna hear some Jones
'Cause my heart ain't ready
For the Rolling Stones
I don't feel like rocking
Since my baby's gone
So don't rock the jukebox
Play me a country song"

81WGu3Z8nPL._SL1500_.jpg

Jun 9, 2018
England
R.E.M. - What's The Frequency, Kenneth?

I forgot to mention the story behind the song.
From Wikipedia :
"What's the Frequency, Kenneth?" is a song by American alternative rock band R.E.M. from their ninth studio album, Monster (1994). The song's title refers to an incident in New York City in 1986 in which two then-unknown assailants attacked journalist Dan Rather while repeating "Kenneth, what is the frequency?"

There's a good video on YouTube (link below) about what happened. They didn't know who'd done it until years later when one of the assailants murdered someone at the Today studios at Rockefeller Centre in New York. Apparently he thought they were beaming things into his brain and went there to put a stop to it. It was after he was jailed that he confessed to being one of the attackers and Rather then identified him.

Weird incident that produced a great song.

The documentary is only 12 minutes long and is pretty interesting.