What Are You Listening To? (August 2020)

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

timelord

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 30, 2017
Gallifrey
My neighbor behind me playing his drums. He practices almost everyday and since it's so nice out today I have the windows open. Boom boom boom, boom boom boom, boom boom boom boom boom....same freaking beat everyday. Dude! Learn a new song!

Seriously, he's a really nice guy and it doesn't bother me. He'll stop if I ask him.
We have a Samba School just across the road from the back of our apartment (i.e. the side with the master bedroom...); in Feb - before the lockdown and before carnival) everynight they would start up around 20:00; most nights they would finish around 24:00. But if they were on a real roll then they would carry on to 03:00! I got used to it and actually miss it at the moment).

The drumming was OK; it was the brass section who were bad news at first; they got better after several weeks :col:

Reactions: scloyd

dino

Lifer
Jul 9, 2011
Chicago
Here's an amazing 2012 performance of "Suite: Judy Blue Eyes" by Crosby , Stills and Nash. Nearly 50 years after playing it live at Woodstock, these old farts nail it. Listen for Stills' little tribute to George Harrison at about 5:45.

bullet08

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
RTP, NC. USA
Started with Blues Brothers soundtrack. Some Pet Shop Boys, Go Go's.. Depends on how the drinking is going, might start listening to New Order or The Smiths.

Reactions: philobeddoe
Status
Not open for further replies.