What Are You Listening To? (August 2020)

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kottan

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 5, 2020
Frankfurt am Main, Germany
"Jay- you smoking now?"

Just the occasional bowl until my current jar becomes empty ?

After celebrating 1 year of abstinence I wanted to try a bowl just to see how I got along with it. It was fine until the breathlessness kicked back in ?

Regards,

Jay.?
Jay, do have the problem with your breathing even when you don't inhale the smoke and only puff?

All the best for you
Kottan

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
Kottan, I never inhaled my pipe smoke intentionally, just the smoke that I exhaled from my nose as it hangs in the air. Basically suffering from my own second hand smoke ?

I have by the way been diagnosed with severe COPD after many years of roll your own.

Regards,

Jay.?

Kottan

Apr 5, 2020
Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Kottan, I never inhaled my pipe smoke intentionally, just the smoke that I exhaled from my nose as it hangs in the air. Basically suffering from my own second hand smoke ?

I have by the way been diagnosed with severe COPD after many years of roll your own.

Regards,

Jay.?
I understand! In this case you should quit smoking otherwise the COPD would progress (faster) and the anxiety increases with each breathlessness attack. But I'm sure you know all this.
Perhaps you can use snuffs or chewing tobacco instead. Nicotine has not a big impact on this disease.
Make sure you have the best medicine.

Best
Kottan

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
"Perhaps you can use snuffs or chewing tobacco instead... "

Kottan, I tried snuff years ago and I sneezed like buggery. As for chewing tobacco, the very thought makes me want to puke!

Best I just finish off this jar (two actually) and spend a week or so on patches and then hopefully carry on with my abstinence.

Cheers Chris, yes it sucks but I just had to give it a go after a year just to see how it went.

Regards,

Jay.?

davek

Mar 20, 2014
Not sure if anyone in the audience is having more fun than the bassist...
Larry Taylor (the mole).
He also played with John Mayall on Jazz Blues Fusion and Moving On (amongst others), the albums that eased me into loving jazz.

Which included a few years as a jazz snob, criticizing rock and roll, going to local clubs a lot, and actually using the slang term "cat" (as in, "That cat can play.")

I'm better now. Duke Ellington said there were only two types of music, "good music, and bad music". I'm listening to about everything but have developed a real taste for the modern bluegrass jam bands this week.

Reactions: ron123

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
Been feeling compelled to watch some old movies lately (probably just nostalgic for times when society had at least a veneer of sanity).

Last night was Key Largo, and it's had one of my favorite Patty Griffin songs running through my head.

Reactions: ron123 and B_Rock
Status
Not open for further replies.