PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Zero

Lifer
Apr 9, 2021
After lunch double shot. Best shot so far. Finally got the honey note out. Very well balanced, meaning there's bitterness, but it's not over powering and it is balanced with sweetness. Touch of acidity. Now I'm getting somewhere. Oh, lovely crema that won't fade.

View attachment 214946
I use to own a Mr. Coffee espresso machine and still own the Mr. Coffee coffee bean grinder, but after I read that a regular drip coffee maker and medium to light roast coffee beans has more caffeine...I tossed the espresso maker. I used to have a percolator, another good method for making coffee. I have yet to try the French Press ☕

bullet08

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
RTP, NC. USA
I use to own a Mr. Coffee espresso machine and still own the Mr. Coffee coffee bean grinder, but after I read that a regular drip coffee maker and medium to light roast coffee beans has more caffeine...I tossed the espresso maker. I used to have a percolator, another good method for making coffee. I have yet to try the French Press ☕
Never really cared for coffee most of my life. But last 10 years or so, I've been drinking it. Used to drink tea mostly. But Diet Coke and Diet Pepsi were and still is my choice for caffeine x) Espresso, used to drink it back in college just to keep me awake. Don't know anything about it. Got amazing discount with all the stuff we got for this house, so it was like 1/3 of the original price. Might as well figure out how to use it. Not as fun as smoking pipe, but it does have stiff learning curve like pipe.

Zero

Lifer
Apr 9, 2021
Never really cared for coffee most of my life. But last 10 years or so, I've been drinking it. Used to drink tea mostly. But Diet Coke and Diet Pepsi were and still is my choice for caffeine x) Espresso, used to drink it back in college just to keep me awake. Don't know anything about it. Got amazing discount with all the stuff we got for this house, so it was like 1/3 of the original price. Might as well figure out how to use it. Not as fun as smoking pipe, but it does have stiff learning curve like pipe.
I hear ya, and I really liked the espressos that I was making but I wasn't getting that caffeine jolt ⚡ that I like... which caused me to look up the info on why. They do taste good.

Scottishgaucho

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 22, 2020
Buenos Aires Province.
An excellent quality Argentine stout. 👍

20230409-190434.jpg

Dec 3, 2021
Pennsylvania & New York
Stopped by Lock Yard to give our friends, Chris and Kayla their birthday presents. Kayla is seeing a play in the city tonight. It was Chris’s 37th birthday on March 31st. Chris is a big fan of Star Trek and the moon. The Author is his favourite pipe shape. We got him a Missouri Meerschaum Ryker Corn Cob pipe and a bulk bag of Squadron Leader, a 1970 unbuilt model kit of the Apollo 11 Lunar Module from 1970, a tin of Savinelli 140th Anniversary tobacco to go with a limited edition 2019 Savinelli 320 Apollo 11 50th Anniversary pipe (number 37/50!) He was very happy and poured us some Pappy as a thank you.

IMG_20230412_192300.jpg

Zero

Lifer
Apr 9, 2021
Stopped by Lock Yard to give our friends, Chris and Kayla their birthday presents. Kayla is seeing a play in the city tonight. It was Chris’s 37th birthday on March 31st. Chris is a big fan of Star Trek and the moon. The Author is his favourite pipe shape. We got him a Missouri Meerschaum Ryker Corn Cob pipe and a bulk bag of Squadron Leader, a 1970 unbuilt model kit of the Apollo 11 Lunar Module from 1970, a tin of Savinelli 140th Anniversary tobacco to go with a limited edition 2019 Savinelli 320 Apollo 11 50th Anniversary pipe (number 37/50!) He was very happy and poured us some Pappy as a thank you.

View attachment 215790
That's pretty awesome! You are a thoughtful gift giver, I'm sure your friend was very happy.

Dec 3, 2021
Pennsylvania & New York
That's pretty awesome! You are a thoughtful gift giver, I'm sure your friend was very happy.
I see I wrote one too many 1970s in there.

He was at a loss for words. He was very happy and it felt good to see him so. I’m just glad he’ll enjoy them all. He’s looking forward to building the kit and was unaware that Savinelli had done the limited edition pipe. I was excited when I stumbled upon an online listing by a little shop in Italy that had number 37 available, knowing it was Chris’s 37th birthday and that the 320 is his favourite shape and that he loves the moon—it felt like it was destiny coming across it. I enjoy finding gifts that fit occasions for friends and relatives. I grabbed the other pipe they had for myself (number 32). The carving isn’t the best moon texture I’ve seen, but it’s a fun pipe. I dig the number 32 from my competitive darts days (32 being a great double to end up on for finishes because of the even breakdown to 2).