PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Zero

Lifer
Apr 9, 2021
I took the day off from work, and while puttering around the house I remembered that I had bought some fabric markers and a pack of white t-shirts. I haven't drawn anything in awhile and wanted to vent some energy into making some house pipe t-shirts, starting with one Professor Utonium. Well, these fabric markers were unruly and didn't want to behave on the fabric I started on the eyes, nose, and mouth in pencil...I quickly discarded the pencil and went freehand from there. Skinny lines bled into fat lines, the tips of the marker started to wear and dry out, and then the tee would wrinkle on me. I couldn't help but think of pipe carvers adjusting to every little thing that goes wrong along the way of making a pipe. I'm sure it can be frustrating at times, hats off to you. I fooled around with silkscreen in middle school, maybe some day I'll give that a go again. Here's my monstrosity in all it's splendor. Feel free to share your monstrosities. Tis the season 🎃KIMG2782.JPG

Elric

Lifer
Sep 19, 2019
Liplapper Lane (Michigan)
tobaccocellar.com
I took the day off from work, and while puttering around the house I remembered that I had bought some fabric markers and a pack of white t-shirts. I haven't drawn anything in awhile and wanted to vent some energy into making some house pipe t-shirts, starting with one Professor Utonium. Well, these fabric markers were unruly and didn't want to behave on the fabric I started on the eyes, nose, and mouth in pencil...I quickly discarded the pencil and went freehand from there. Skinny lines bled into fat lines, the tips of the marker started to wear and dry out, and then the tee would wrinkle on me. I couldn't help but think of pipe carvers adjusting to every little thing that goes wrong along the way of making a pipe. I'm sure it can be frustrating at times, hats off to you. I fooled around with silkscreen in middle school, maybe some day I'll give that a go again. Here's my monstrosity in all it's splendor. Feel free to share your monstrosities. Tis the season 🎃View attachment 254154
I actually like it!

sardonicus87

Lifer
Jun 28, 2022
Lower Alabama
I started a self-portrait after Füssli's 1802 variation on „Nachtmahr“ that I never finished. I consider it a monstrosity at this point because I just don't have the motivation I once had for painting. Maybe I will finish it one day.
552479_10152139209540297_956199070_n.jpg

Here's another two monstrosities of mine... "Life #1" [pain & piss on canvas] and „Reinigen die Krankheit“ [Blut und Asche auf Leinwand]
10155277_10154071950310297_6507763935075496789_n.jpg615943_10152221313700297_2037836549_o.jpg

Zero

Lifer
Apr 9, 2021
I started a self-portrait after Füssli's 1802 variation on „Nachtmahr“ that I never finished. I consider it a monstrosity at this point because I just don't have the motivation I once had for painting. Maybe I will finish it one day.
View attachment 254213

Here's another two monstrosities of mine... "Life #1" [pain & piss on canvas] and „Reinigen die Krankheit“ [Blut und Asche auf Leinwand]
View attachment 254214View attachment 254216
Were you passing a kidney stone when you pissed on those canvases?

Zero

Lifer
Apr 9, 2021
Cool project!
@Zero do you have to do anything to "cure" or set the ink. Iron? Dryer?
Thank you. Here are the instructions on one set of markers. It really did get frustrating at times, but I just had the t-shirt stretched out over a clean trash bag over an ironing board. Maybe an airbrush would be a better option.KIMG2783.JPG

Reactions: yanoJL