PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mackeson

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 29, 2016
Nice! I usually don't see anything quite like that at antique shops/pawn shops/flea markets.

Great score

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
What a great find. Did you have to dig around in a heap of old stuff to discover it, or was it laying out in the open with other pipe-related objects? I keep hoping to unearth something choice, but pickings are thin. I think my area was very much a cigarette culture. Even asking about tobacco pipes gets a kind of huffy response. I'm counting on this continued ignorance if I ever do discover anything I want. With the stem, that is a magnificent example of a Danish freehand.

akfilm

Can't Leave
Mar 2, 2016
It was actually just laying in the middle of some other pipes, there was also a Soren, but didn't have the money to grab it, might go back and see if it's still there. I stop into the shops now and again, (some actually call me now when they have pipes come in), and sometimes get lucky. Most is junk, lot's of board pipes from the 50's to mid-70's, but now and again a treasure slips through.
The pipe is a dream to smoke, this was made late in his career and it's a master craftsman at the top of his game, the hole is perfectly drilled, the body beautifully balanced for it's size. Because of the narrow chamber, tends to heat up fast, but it cools down easily as well so not to hard to control the smoke. A nice smoke while working at the desk.

Status
Not open for further replies.