PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

unclearthur

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
Tried that. Common field corn has a smaller cob than the special stuff that MM uses. But it still works.

whitebriar

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 14, 2010
i also came to cobs late in life--ive smoked mostly OTC pipes and tobaccos for over 50 years--i still occassionally find that nothing else will do when i feel the need for a faithful old briar--
having said that, the cobs i have gathered together provide an honest smoke--burley never met a cob it didn't like--the country gent and the mizzou do wonderous things for burley--
however the best cob i own is the strange looking Dane Spool--it remains cool to the hand, smokes cool to the tongue, has a fairly large bowl for a moderately long lasting smoke, and just feels right to this geezer--(i plan to soon add the Dane Egg to my rack to compare the two)--the Spool handles anything i feed it, and does it well--i wouldn't want to be limited to just one cob, but if i were, my choice would be the Dane Spool--

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
I tried my 2 new MM cobs yesterday (Country Gentleman and Danish Egg) and , man was I surprised how well and how cool they smoked for the first bowls. I'm a convert now. I expect that they'll only get better once they're fully broken in. BTW, the first thing I did was toss the filters. I loaded the CG with C&D's Mississippi Mud and the Egg with USS Mason. Absolute heaven with both pipes.

fshu2

Can't Leave
Jan 22, 2011
i have the gentlemen great pipe and i agree i threw the filters instantly.

Status
Not open for further replies.