What’s Your Favorite Way to Tote Your Pipe and Tobacco?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Misanthrope

Can't Leave
Apr 26, 2020
Texas
I have 3 different pipe bags that have a lined pouch for tobacco, a compartment for 1-2 pipes, and a pocket for tools and incidentals. My favorite one is the Al Pascia Curvy bag. It goes in my Timbuk2 man purse along with my other crap.

Ziggywm

Can't Leave
Sep 9, 2019
Fargo, ND
I have a Dunhill pouch I purchased in 1974. It has a central area for about 5 pipes, and side pockets for cleaners on one end, tools on the other, and a pocket on the back for tobacco. It is made from the softest kid leather. I gave never seen another like it. So, if you have one please share.20210119_183641_compress19.jpg20210119_183627_compress50.jpg20210119_183619_compress76.jpg

boston

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 27, 2018
Boston
Smokin Holsters 2/4 pipe bag...sorta. not a bag. Looks like a small leather shoe box. Had it for around 20 years and Neil Flankbaum who makes them is a funny and swell tie-dye shirt wearing guy. Killer piece of kit.

kilroyjune6

Might Stick Around
Dec 25, 2016
If I'm traveling light, it's a pipe in one coat pocket and a pouch in the other. But my normal everyday pipe kit is a Stanley toolbox. It's got room for... a lot, but usually two pipes and two tins or pouches, plus pipe cleaners, spare lighters, spare pipe tools, and a lot of miscellaneous crap that has accumulated there over the years. It's all pretty useless most of the time, but every once in a while a situation pops up and I "have just the thing" in my kit. So I guess it's a purse.

Reactions: UncleRasta

Fiddlepiper

Apr 22, 2020
Scotland
www.danielthorpemusic.com
I use a pencil case to hold a couple of pipes/lighters/cleaners/czech tool and small poppered tobacco pouch. Any extra tins go in my pocket/bag if needed. Looks like shit but functions well.
Been looking for something more compact that holds a pipe, accoutrements and tin together but not found anything yet.

ray47

Lifer
Jul 10, 2015
Dalzell, South Carolina
I use a pencil case to hold a couple of pipes/lighters/cleaners/czech tool and small poppered tobacco pouch. Any extra tins go in my pocket/bag if needed. Looks like shit but functions well.
Been looking for something more compact that holds a pipe, accoutrements and tin together but not found anything yet.
I don't know if you can get this pencil box in Scotland. I bought mine at Walmart. I mostly use it for holding my Falcon bowls & stems. pipe cleaners, tamper and a pouch of tobacco.
5cc6a267-5e15-4914-87ff-2117f8521877_1.cf99c39efc82779d4bf317d6646d9c22.jpg

Fiddlepiper

Apr 22, 2020
Scotland
www.danielthorpemusic.com
I don't know if you can get this pencil box in Scotland. I bought mine at Walmart. I mostly use it for holding my Falcon bowls & stems. pipe cleaners, tamper and a pouch of tobacco.
View attachment 62009
Looks indestructible! Will have a lookout. The one i currently have is soft. That would be better for when/if I’m travelling again.

Reactions: ray47

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
I always end up ignoring the paraphernalia and returning to pockets for the pipes and either a tin, a zip-lock, or both for the weed. The fitted leather pouches look beautiful, but I can't help thinking just how wildly overpriced they seem to me for what you get. For longer trips there's my suitcase, or a couple of pistol cases.

I usually tote my pipe in either a faux leather pouch that given to me as a complimentary, or a cloth pouch that came with my Chris Morgan. Hell, I've even kept it in an old sock once.

For tobacco, I'll carry it in one of the old prince albert tins that my grandfather gave me, since they'll fit in a pocket pretty easily.

All that along with a small box of matches and my grandpappy's old czech tool, and I'm pretty much set.

I'm usually able to just carry all that in my pockets, so I've never had the need for anything else.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ziggywm

Bigdadz

Lurker
Dec 7, 2020
Montreal
Castello two pipe case with tobacco pouch. Small enough to fit in my winter jacket pocket and minimalist with enough space for all I need on the go.

E0BCEB61-2367-4A78-8D8E-03CCB855BF38.jpeg

redz

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 2, 2021
Gaithersburg, MD
I keep the pipe in the suede pouch it came with inside my fannypack. For now, the tin of tobacco is in my coat pocket until I get a tobacco pouch, which will then be kept in my fannypack as well.

Severus

Jul 1, 2020
Vaughan, ON
When I am out and about, and need to carry one-day worth of tobacco and a pipe, or two, I use my roll pouch from Hide&Drink. The same goes for weekend getaways. I am yet to figure out a solution when I travel for longer period and need to bring 3-4 pipes and a week or two worth of tobacco. For this would do the work.IMG_1034.jpgIMG_1036.jpg

Reactions: redz