PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChickenT00th

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 30, 2020
Corona, Lancero, and Robusto. Don't really like to go above a 50 ring gauge, preferably under 50 due to better wrapper/filler ratio.

Love Connecticut Broadleaf on the Crowned Heads Four Kicks Maduro, San Andreas Maduro on the Undercrown, Corona 99 on the Guardian of the Farm Apollo, and of course like alaskanpipier said, anything Padron. I also go for the Perdomo Champagne, or Undercrown Shade for an occasional morning Connecticut with Earl Grey tea or coffee.

A true gem in my opinion, for Lancero lovers, is the Crowned Heads Mule Kick Limited Ed. 2018 with the Connecticut Habano wrapper. So damn good, if you haven't tried it and you're a fan of Lanceros, definitely try to find some!

danimalia

Lifer
Sep 2, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area, USA
Don't smoke cigars often anymore but back when I did Lanceros were my favourite they let the wrapper leaf be in focus and be prominent in the flavour.

Plus Steve McQueen looked so damn cool smoking them in the Thomas Crown Affair.
View attachment 34276
Roger Moore as James Bond as well. I believe he was smoking Montecristo Especiales...

Reactions: odobenus and Gecko

odobenus

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 15, 2018
Vermont
Petit coronas, coronas, robustos, and panatelas for me. Really anything with a ring gauge of 30-50, 52 max, and a length of 6" or under, though I prefer about 4.5".
And maybe a cigarillo on occasion.

Reactions: danimalia

pantsBoots

Lifer
Jul 21, 2020
Terra Firma
Absolute favorite over the years is the Cuban petit corona/mareva (5-1/8 x 42). Really, anything sub 46 RG is right up my alley. Lanceros, panetelas, lonsdales. It's a shame Habanos are getting fatter & fatter while non-Havana manufacturers generally ignore these sizes.

Reactions: odobenus

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
Don't smoke cigars often anymore but back when I did Lanceros were my favourite they let the wrapper leaf be in focus and be prominent in the flavour.

Plus Steve McQueen looked so damn cool smoking them in the Thomas Crown Affair.
View attachment 34276
I disagree and think no one looks cool smoking a cigar. ?
Looks like you’re sucking on various thicknesses and lengths of peens.

Sonorisis

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 24, 2019
5x50 Robusto. The trick with cigar smoking is finding the time to smoke an entire cigar. Anything bigger than a Robusto takes over an hour. I rarely have over an hour to spend smoking a good cigar. So, I get good cigars that can be smoked in an hour or less. Robusto!!!!

Gecko

Can't Leave
Dec 6, 2019
Sweden
Looks like you’re sucking on various thicknesses and lengths of peens.

Read your reply a bit to fast and got a bit bothered. Upon realising there is two 'e' and no 'i' the word you wrote I felt temporary at ease, but it didn't make much sense now... How can a cigar look like the top end of a hammer head? Then I googled what a peen is according to urban dictionary...

...You must have been exposed to some weird peens man. ?

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
Read your reply a bit to fast and got a bit bothered. Upon realising there is two 'e' and no 'i' the word you wrote I felt temporary at ease, but it didn't make much sense now... How can a cigar look like the top end of a hammer head? Then I googled what a peen is according to urban dictionary...

...You must have been exposed to some weird peens man. ?
I just mean the way you’ve gotta suck on it. Makes the toughest guy look baby soft.

Reactions: Gecko

sallow

Lifer
Jun 30, 2013
I like them short and fat, just like me. 4/12 by 60. I rarely smoke anything under 52.

Ctbill

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 6, 2019
CT & VT
Outlier here, apparently...
Most smoked for me are cubanito, or cigarillo sized. 15-30 minutes. Really good, or have time? Smoke another... Love the size, packaging, and convenience. Never feel like I ”waste one”.
Next up is corona, then robusto, then toro. Never more than 6x50 is my preference.
Patio? Cubanito. Golf course? Toro.

Length or girth? Ha ha, I don't have a specific preference for all cigars. My humidor has a variety of shapes and sizes. I amazes me that you can get a handful of different sizes and lengths of the same cigar, and get such a variety of smokes... not diametrically different, just different. I will sometimes grab one of each size when I try out a new cigar. And, I have yet to become all dogmatic yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.