What’s Cosmic Brewing?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Come on down. We have first class accommodations out at the farm. You can have the loft, and I’ll share some of my homegrown twist tobaccos and drink a glass of wine with you. But, I’ll leave the rest of the bottle and a bottle of mead with you. You won’t finish the mead, but be careful trying. I don’t want to have to fish bodies out of the creek, ha ha.
I left a bottle of mead out at my buddy’s hunting cabin out in the middle of nowhere. He told me a week later that he had almost finished the bottle when he realized he had no idea where at in the woods. He spent the whole night wondering around in circles terrified, just yards away from the cabin. puffy

I just picked these here 25 lbs of bronze muscadines, which is just a fraction of what I have left on the vines, and the red ones haven’t even come close to being ready. With my farmers market closed because of covid, I will probably end up making 35 gallons, which is over 150 bottles.
I’ve started the process of registering as a small run fruit winery, but I have to build a separate building to do the fermentations in.

My buddies report back that its my peach wines that they like the best. It seems to turn their wives into perfect playthings. I’m not sure which person the wine is working that magic on, her or him. Ha ha!
7F0148FC-11EF-4886-B2FE-6FA391F2CAF7.jpeg

Reactions: jpmcwjr
So.. How does one get to sample your goods?
At the moment, you’d have to use Google Maps to my house. I can’t mail it. There are some loopholes for farmers markets, but right now, ours is closed.
It shouldn’t be too terribly long till I can run small batches and sell them legit. Going legit is surprisingly easy.

karam

Lifer
Feb 2, 2019
Basel, Switzerland
Nice! I recently bottled a few gallons of JAOM, a sour cherry mead and my tried and tested bochet. You've got to try bochet, it's very easy to do and almost foolproof, and very very addictive taste!

I've also distilled bochet which makes the whole thing very expensive in ingredients and time, but the taste was out of this world.

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
I will, the bees just have to hurry up! Ha ha. Actually, I don’t have bees, but I know a guy, actually a woman. She has a blueberry farm, that gives her out of this world honey. I made a mead with it that had notes of bourbon in it, with just a hint of blueberry in the aftertaste.
Damn! I should have known you when was I was partaking rather freely. Of course, it doesn't matter what you're drinking past the 2 oz mark but rather that you are drinking, and drinking and drinking.

Reactions: cosmicfolklore

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
For a reformed teetotaler, you are enterprising. That's impressive. One of my best buzzes ever was drinking fruit wine from local wineries crossing Lake Michigan on a ferry. The water was like glass, and with the wine, it felt like flying. I'm not a big drinker, so the wine was plenty. My dad made wine for a while, but in his own homespun way. He didn't confer with anyone or buy any equipment at all, just used washed out wine bottles and the ingredients. He was one of the people who said there wasn't any difference between wines in quality. Though he wasn't so cavalier about cooking; he was quite a cook. His dandelion wine was pretty good.

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
Man, that looks like a lot fun! I don’t drink anymore but I love the art of fermentation. I used to brew my own mead and ginger beer, those were simple yet very rewarding. Now I just stick to fermenting foods such as, sauerkraut and Kimchi. I want to try my hand at making some Kvass again too.